Skip to main content

Journey to Purpose: Faith

The journey to purpose can be tiresome. It’s bumpy, there are a lot of lessons to learn, but the lessons are intended to keep you for when you reach the promise. You may want to quite, but I encourage you not to. Trust God. Like Israel, every day you are traveling with an intended purpose to a place that you don’t know the way to on your own. That is because you have never been there. All Israel knew was Egypt. When you enter into the life that God wants you to have, you have to learn and listen because all you know is that old way of life. Those customs and those beliefs have to die. You won’t need them for the new land, but you should remember them (not dwell or miss them) because they help you remember how far the Lord has brought you.

The Lord will fight your battles for you. Listen and be still. When people talked about Moses, God handled that. When Egypt came after Israel, God handled that also. Stop trying to fight your own battles and know that God has got you. Stop worrying so much. Sometimes you have to just move. Israel complained so much on their journey. They missed the old way of life. They missed the benefits of bondage although they complained and cried to God to bring them out of it. You have to know what freedom feels like. Freedom was new to Israel. They had faith because they knew who God was and that they had a promise, but their freedom required them to know that God would come through for them even if it was not in their own timing. Trust God's timing. Be grateful. He provided for Israel, but they yet complained. They wanted more. Sometimes the more that you want can choke you. It’s not wrong to desire more, but when God is clearly leading you and making a way for you, don’t spit in His face. Israel was getting manna from heaven, but they wanted what they were used to. Quail is on earth. You can find it, kill it, and do it on your own. Manna was from God, food of the angels, and required daily faith.
How many times does God have to show you that He is God? He brought you out of that old place for a reason. Israel complained and they grumbled, but their exodus is blessing the world even today. Their journey showed that God is a promise keeper and that He is faithful. Their journey shows that God places people in our lives to call out to Him on our behalf even in the midst of our sin. Their journey shows the magnificence of Christ Jesus. Christ is a descendent of these very people, but He was not defined by their actions. They had to move away from their uncomfortable comfort zone because of purpose and promise. What has God promised you? It is a blessing when He will not allow you to turn around and return to bondage because He has so much more for you.

I was blessed by “Moses also said” in verse 8 of Exodus 16 because Moses told God that he was not a good speaker. Moses was listing the reasons why he shouldn’t be used, but God will show you that you can do everything that you told him that you couldn’t. Those few words are not even the whole verse, but I was blessed because Moses was speaking up and using the mouth piece that God gave him.
Recommended Reading: Exodus 16; Numbers 11; Hebrews 11

Our faith is so important to God. He is not like man that He should lie. No matter how bad things look, how bad we feel, or how we are treated we have to believe that God is a promise keeper. Your faith will keep you and carry into your destiny. You have to trust God. The listed chapters are important because they show you what unbelief and faith can do. I pray for our faith in Jesus name. That we will seek Him at all times and that His praises will forever be in our mouths. I know that it gets hard, but there is nothing like the presence of God. There is peace in Him. There is joy and restoration in Him. You have to believe that God is working whatever you are going through out on your behalf. I pray over your situation in Jesus name. I pray for your health and that He heals your body.  I pray that he enables you to endure the daily stresses of life. I pray for peace and success in your work place. You are valuable to the kingdom. Don’t give up because of what it looks like right now. God loves you so much. I pray for your children and for your peace in Jesus name. It’s so important to forgive. I pray that you forgive those that are coming against you, it feels heavy but you are not forgotten. HAVE FAITH, in Jesus name, Amen.

“It is impossible to please God without Faith” (Hebrews 11:6).
“I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me “(Philippians 4:13).


 
 

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

You are Seen

“Thereafter, Hagar used another name to refer to the LORD, who had spoken to her. She said, ‘You are the God who sees me.’ ” (Genesis 16:13) Hagar was unexpected. She was an Egyptian maid who turned into a baby mama, given to a man so that his wife could bear a son before her time of blessing had come. and she was a track star. My girl was a track star too. She got out of the house of Abram so fast when she became mistreated. Hagar never asked to be placed in the position to become a wife while still being called a maid. Her yes impacted her greatly and a ‘beef’ was the result.  Hagar knew the house rules, “We serve the big G and not the little g’s over here.” She saw Abram praying and observed him meeting with God, but then it happened. Sari commissioned her, and she was given to a man. Hager was never really asked, she was never really considered a wife and was more lik...

You are Not Lost in the Crowd. God Sees You!

Someone asked the question Why do we sing? When we lift our hands to Jesus What do we really mean ~Kirk Franklin “Why we sing?” It’s very very easy to get lost in the realm of religion or to get caught up in the hype of “church”. God has blessed so many of his people with gifts and talents that range from writing and composing, to worshiping, preaching and dancing. At my church, it seems like every one has some sort of gift and I must admit that I feel lost in the shuffle, but that brings me to point of asking myself questions such as ,“who am I going to church for?” and “whose attention am I aiming for?” Everyone wants to be noticed. We want to be praised and we want to be the favorite child, but at what cost? What are we paying to be number one in the congregation’s eyes? and do we even care if God is pleased with us right where we are? I’m the queen of being offended and I often compare myself, my progression in Christ, and my life to others. This should not be so and...

Beauty for Ashes: Release the Urn

  “ The Spirit of the Sovereign  Lord  is on me,    because the  Lord  has anointed me  to proclaim good news to the poor.   He has sent me to bind up the brokenhearted,  to proclaim freedom for the captives   and release from darkness for the prisoners,   to proclaim the year of the  Lord ’s favor ,  and the day of vengeance of our God,  to comfort all who mourn,   and provide for those who grieve in Zion ,  to bestow on them a crown of beauty     instead of ashes,   the oil of joy   instead of mourning,   and a garment of praise   instead of a spirit of despair .  They will be called oaks of righteousness,  a planting of the  Lord   for the display of his splendor. ” - Isaiah 61:1-3 NIV   A vessel of God told me to write the real story. The one that was uncut, raw, and honest. I was to write the TR...

Be Still and Know

“Be still, and know that I am God”- Psalm 46:10a KJV Today as I was driving to work, anxious, knowing that I needed Jesus, I saw “In God I trust”, and “ Be still and know” on two separate cars, one after the other. I needed both things, and that is what I am clinging to. The past can make you feel as if you are in a track meet running from it. It seems faster and more advance within the race, but God says, “Be still and know that I am God.” Being still in a world full of thoughts is its own task, but the command of God is bigger than that. “Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words.”                      -John 14:23a Above anything, God’s word is the answer. It is what halts the past and brings stillness instead of constant worrying. I considered Moses today. This man, who literally ran from his past, was asked to lead others to a future that God...

Who Are You Married To?

“Jesus said to her,  “Go, call your husband, and come here.”   The woman answered and said, “I have no husband.”   Jesus said to her,  “You have well said, ‘I have no husband,’   for you have had five husbands, and the one whom you now have is not your husband; in that you spoke truly”                         (John 4:17-18 NKJV). Over the last few days, I’ve missed someone. You may wonder why I would even start things off in this way, but this type of stuff has to be confronted because it’s how people get caught up and entangled in what God loosed them from already.  As I was thinking what I was thinking, each time I heard, “What part of toxic do you miss?” I can’t argue with the question. The situation was beyond toxic, but with this being so, what causes me to miss something that left me so shattered? The answer: the familiarity.   Being familiar with a thing will cause you to run ...

The Process of Faithing It: Trusting Jesus with Your Faith

  “Daughter, your faith has made you well. Go in peace, and be healed of your affliction” (Mark 5:34 NKJV). Can you imagine Jesus in a crowd? Everyone has a need, but His target in that moment is to go and build the faith of a little girl’s family at the request of her father because they think that she will die. The father is scared, but Jesus was on the way until He felt something. This feeling was different, but powerful. Jesus turns around looking, asking questions, but finds his answer in the form of a woman, standing and looking amazed at what just happened to her. After 13 years of anemia, tiredness, dizzy spells, soiled clothing, and impacted relationships, she is healed.  This woman with an issue of blood had spent all of her money, but decided to trust Jesus with her faith, which was all that she had left. Jesus was not too busy to stop and ask, “Who touched me?”. The disciples reminded Jesus of all the people that were around them, but this touch was different. Some...

Waiting for the Promise vs. Moving in Impatience

“Then Abraham fell on his face and laughed, and said in his heart, “Shall a child be born to a man who is one hundred years old? And shall Sarah, who is ninety years old, bear a child? ” And Abraham said to God, “Oh, that Ishmael might live before You!” Then God said: “No, Sarah your wife shall bear you a son, and you shall call his name Isaac; I will establish My covenant with him for an everlasting covenant, and with his descendants after him”   ( Genesis 17: 17-19 NKJV). Isaac was desired, but Ismael was birthed out of impatience. If God told you that you were going to birth something beautiful, no matter what your season may look like, bank on the Lord’s promises. Your Ishmael does not have to be a man, your Ishmael can be an opportunity. Don’t walk into just any ole thing because you got tired of waiting on God. If God promised you something in 2016 and you didn’t see it in 2017, that does not mean that He forgot about what He promised you. Isaac had a set season and ...

Will You Marry Me?

I’m not obsessed, but I’ve been thinking about marriage a lot more lately. As a Christian, I’ve learned where I went wrong concerning my standards of dating before I knew Jesus. I have been looking at the profile pages of exes to see if, perhaps, I was missing something. I’m happy to report that I am not. I more so found myself thanking God for what He didn’t allow. Even though I’m thankful for every failed relationship, I find myself encountering the hurt that still remains as a result of my insecurities. There is so much that I have not let go of. In a way,I’m afraid to let go of the hurt that I am carrying because that vacant spot could potentially attract more pain in its place. I want to trust people, but the fear of them knowing who I intimately am always gets in my way.                 I so badly desire God and everything that He has for me, but the past is a hinderance. I feel as if I should finally forgive those that misused me, ...

Refreshment for the Journey

You cannot tell everybody your dreams because your dreams might be bigger than their expectation of you. You will do things for God that  man did not see coming. Learn to lean on the opinions of Jesus instead of allowing yourself to become esteemed by the opinions of man. Those folks do not know you or the potential that God has placed on the inside of you. Some of you even have family members that don’t know the real you. Think of yourself as a plan that God has up His sleeve. You are unexpected, but powerful through His grace. Nobody saw Joseph coming. His own brothers did not even know who he was to God. People don’t always treat you like the One who created you. That is why you have to learn to see yourself the way that God sees you and have no bitterness in your heart toward man. Forgive those people who talk about you and use you. Joseph had to forgive his brothers because God was going to use him to protect them. People have no idea that you may be the one that God is...

The Importance of Knowing How to Pray

No matter what mental state you are in, where you are in life, or who you have around you, prayer will always be the heartbeat of your survival. You need to know how to pray during both the mountain top experiences and the valley experiences. If no one ever taught me anything, I learned how to express myself to God through prayer. Prayer isn’t always about asking God for things, but you can actually sit with Him and tell Him how you feel. There have been moments in my life where I felt like the Lord was the only one that I could talk to about what was going on in my life. You have to get into a place where you begin to communicate with God as you would with anyone else. There are times when I speak out loud to God because I know that He is around me. God’s presence is peace, it changes the atmosphere, and it will shift your entire mood. Once you’ve talked to the Father, you know that everything will be ok just because He is around you. I pray that for anyone that needs it. I p...