Skip to main content

From Process to Promise


Today I pray that you are encouraged in the Lord. I pray that you know that he has not forgotten about you and that your process is leading you to your promise. Sometimes we have to stop looking at ourselves and our surroundings and remember what a big God we serve. Everything we go through is small in comparison to Him. I tend to get fearful sometimes. I worry about my future and I worry about what God is going to do next instead of trusting that I am moving in Him. Last night I prayed and I began to feel peace. For some reason it did not click into my mind until just a second ago that talking to my father is what gave me peace. As I spoke to Him about my worries I just began to feel calm. Yes I still have questions, but even in that God can be that calming factor that rubs your back and tells you that all things are working.
Today remember what God has done. I know that just this year God has done some amazing things in my life. This year has been a year of firsts for me. This year is a reminder that God has not left me. Even though there may be turmoil in some areas in your life remember the grace of God and that he has not left you. My question to you is, have you invited God to take control of the areas that give you the most heart ache? Sometimes you have to place your focus on purpose instead of accolades. People around you may be getting recognition, but consider the notion that your accolades and recognition is in heaven. People hated Jerimiah, but they didn’t hear the voice of God like he could. He was moving in purpose. David was the youngest of his brothers and called last when the prophet came to anoint the new king. No one considered the notion that little David could possibly be the chosen one, but God considered his heart not the thoughts that other people had concerning him. Joseph was sold by his own brothers into his slavery, but God had a process attached to his promise.
I pray that you remain still and work heard. Still plant the seeds that God is requiring you to. Still pray for those that come against you. Don’t harden your heart towards God’s people because you feel as if you are not where you think you should be. STOP BEING SO EMOTIONAL AND GROW UP!!!!!!
The process is meant to get the bumps out of the finished product. When you think that you are ready, that is a bump that has to be smoothed out.
Lord, today I pray to devote my emotions to you. I pray to be passionate about the things that you are passionate about. I pray to have the courage that David had to still trust you even though my life looks like constant fighting. I pray to have the obedience of Jeremiah to trust you and do as you say even when the world is against me and purpose just does not feel good. I pray to be like Joseph and still work diligently with a heart of forgiveness. I pray to be reminded that even when your people were in a hard place you never failed to listen to them. I’m thankful for my lot today lord. I’m thankful for my process Lord because it’s building me in you. I’m thankful for the things that you have already done. Forgive me for not saying thank you sooner. In Jesus name, Amen

Recommended reading:
“The end of a matter is better than its beginning, and patience is better than pride” (Ecclesiastes 7:8).
“Do not despise these small beginnings” (Zechariah 4:10).

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

You are Not Lost in the Crowd. God Sees You!

Someone asked the question Why do we sing? When we lift our hands to Jesus What do we really mean ~Kirk Franklin “Why we sing?” It’s very very easy to get lost in the realm of religion or to get caught up in the hype of “church”. God has blessed so many of his people with gifts and talents that range from writing and composing, to worshiping, preaching and dancing. At my church, it seems like every one has some sort of gift and I must admit that I feel lost in the shuffle, but that brings me to point of asking myself questions such as ,“who am I going to church for?” and “whose attention am I aiming for?” Everyone wants to be noticed. We want to be praised and we want to be the favorite child, but at what cost? What are we paying to be number one in the congregation’s eyes? and do we even care if God is pleased with us right where we are? I’m the queen of being offended and I often compare myself, my progression in Christ, and my life to others. This should not be so and...

Who Are You Married To?

“Jesus said to her,  “Go, call your husband, and come here.”   The woman answered and said, “I have no husband.”   Jesus said to her,  “You have well said, ‘I have no husband,’   for you have had five husbands, and the one whom you now have is not your husband; in that you spoke truly”                         (John 4:17-18 NKJV). Over the last few days, I’ve missed someone. You may wonder why I would even start things off in this way, but this type of stuff has to be confronted because it’s how people get caught up and entangled in what God loosed them from already.  As I was thinking what I was thinking, each time I heard, “What part of toxic do you miss?” I can’t argue with the question. The situation was beyond toxic, but with this being so, what causes me to miss something that left me so shattered? The answer: the familiarity.   Being familiar with a thing will cause you to run ...

Devoted Life

God is calling leaders after his own heart. It is timeout for playing church and time in for living a life holy and devoted to Him. Stop thinking that you are protecting the church by hiding your dirt under the carpet. God’s bride is stained because of filthy living. You are abusing God’s bride and publicly embarrassing her. Your TV shows and your unanointed messages are not giving him glory. Stop staining God’s name with your mess! We are not to be ashamed on our wedding day when we walk down the aisle to Christ, but how can we not be when there are naysayers in the wedding party spilling all of our secrets. The bride should not have secrets church! We are called to be pure and holy. GOD IS COMING BACK FOR A CHURCH WITHOUT SPOT OR BLEMISH! Children should not be mesmerized by your gifts (talents) or your money but by your anointing. The world is mesmerized by the business of church. We talk about God but we are not showing him. True disciples will be recognized by the fruit tha...

Sealed

“Bring quickly the best robe, and put it on him, and put a ring on his hand, and shoes on his feet.” (Luke 15:22 ESV) I have carried myself around as someone who had no divine ownership. I’ve acted like a peasant and not a family member of God, accepting scraps because I thought that was my worth, when all along God has placed a robe of grace and love over my shoulders that I was blind to until now.  The love of God is like the love that the prodigal son’s father had for him. This father allowed his son to make choices that he knew were harmful because his son had the free will to do so. It was not that the son didn’t know better, he just lacked the maturity to know that that he belonged to a father that loved him. This goes beyond wealth; this is a family’s name that the son wanted to take off for a season in order to identify with a world that was never for his good in the first place. “Put a ring on his hand.” (Luke 22 ESV) The ring placed...

I have Chosen You: Distractions and Distress are not Your Portion

“You did not choose me, but I choose you and appointed you that you should go and bear fruit and that your fruit should abide, so that whatever you ask the Father in my name, He may give it to you.”                                                        (John 15:16 ESV).    At the church that I attend, the stage/ alter has   steps that one can  ascend  on to reach the top. As I looked at the steps, I envisioned what God is doing in this season. I saw a representative on the floor before the steps began ,  and I saw them moving up one step at a time. We are in a season of elevation and with elevation comes great responsibility.  As I consider the prayers that I have prayed and the questions that I have asked  God , I see the answers all around me, but inwardly I have rejected the responsibility that comes ...

Gut Check of the Heart

“But [like a boxer] I strictly discipline my body and make it my slave, so that, after I have preached [the gospel] to others, I myself will not somehow be disqualified [as unfit for service]” (1 Corinthians 9:27 AMP). If you need to be told that you did a good job, “You did a good job. You gave, and you submitted to man. You showed up and did what they asked. Good job.” “But I have this [charge] against you, that you have left your first love [you have lost the depth of love that you first had for Me]” (Revelation 2:4 AMP). Gut Check:  Don’t love the applause of men more than you love God.  Why do you show up?  What do you gain from that, and what happens when the way that they applaud  you does not meet your need of this kind of fulfillment?   Beat your body into submission to God. Serve Him well. Become an early riser and seek the Father to release the strategy for the day to you. Sit in His presence and bask in His love. Thank Him for what He has a...

Keep Your Lamp Filled

  “Then the kingdom of heaven shall be likened to ten virgins who took their lamps and went out to meet the bridegroom. Now five of them were wise, and five were foolish. Those who were foolish took their lamps and took no oil with them, but the wise took oil in their vessels with their lamps. But while the bridegroom was delayed, they all slumbered and slept” (Matthew 25:1–5). Everyone had the same mindset to go to the same place for the same reason. Everyone was on their way, but partial action was taken by five of the virgins. The bridegroom had the capacity to care for all ten. Everyone had a lamp, but everyone did not have oil to see Who they were waiting for. The oil was available, but five virgins did not take the initiative to get more oil. What they had was not enough for the journey they were on. Five of the virgins were wise; they did what was needed to obtain more oil. The other five virgins were foolish, thinking that what they had was enough and that getting...

Pray for your Leaders!!!!!

  “So Joshua fought the Amalekites as Moses had ordered, and Moses, Aaron and Hur went to the top of the hill. As long as Moses held up his hands, the Israelites were winning, but whenever he lowered his hands, the Amalekites were winning. When Moses’ hands grew tired, they took a stone and put it under him and he sat on it. Aaron and Hur held his hands up—one on one side, one on the other—so that his hands remained steady till sunset” (Exodus 17:10-12). Can you imagined being called to be a leader? Moses went through a lot just so that he could be used to lead Israel out of bondage. Moses was talked about by his family, he was misunderstood because of his relationship with God, and the people he was called to lead always wanted to choose a new leader because they didn’t respect the direction that he was called to take them in. When you reject your leader, you reject God. The people were rejecting God when they disrespected the leadership of Moses because he was God led. ...

The Process of Faithing It: Trusting Jesus with Your Faith

  “Daughter, your faith has made you well. Go in peace, and be healed of your affliction” (Mark 5:34 NKJV). Can you imagine Jesus in a crowd? Everyone has a need, but His target in that moment is to go and build the faith of a little girl’s family at the request of her father because they think that she will die. The father is scared, but Jesus was on the way until He felt something. This feeling was different, but powerful. Jesus turns around looking, asking questions, but finds his answer in the form of a woman, standing and looking amazed at what just happened to her. After 13 years of anemia, tiredness, dizzy spells, soiled clothing, and impacted relationships, she is healed.  This woman with an issue of blood had spent all of her money, but decided to trust Jesus with her faith, which was all that she had left. Jesus was not too busy to stop and ask, “Who touched me?”. The disciples reminded Jesus of all the people that were around them, but this touch was different. Some...

It Is Well: Faith Through Trigeminal Neuralgia

 “ Three different times I begged the Lord to take it away.  Each time he said,  ‘ My grace is all you need .  My power works best in weakness ’ .  ‘ So now I am glad to boast about my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ can work through me. That’s why I take pleasure in my weaknesses, and in the insults, hardships, persecutions, and troubles that I suffer for Christ. For when I am weak, then I am strong ’ ” (2 Corinthians 12:8-10). I can’t tell you how many times I spoke through tears. The tears where not because of emotions, but because of  the  searing  shocks caused by   Trigeminal Neuralgia.   Trigeminal Neuralgia  is a condition that causes intense pain, usually affecting one side of the face. It is a rare disorder that affects less than 1 percent of the population. I happen to be in that 1 percent.  The pain from this disorder feels like shocks that are auditioning for a  lightning  storm show. Th...