Skip to main content

When God Calls You to Trust Him While He’s Making You Who He Wants You to Be!


One of the hardest but most comforting aspects of this Christian walk is the fact that God actually knows the purposes and plans that he has for our lives. In everything we go through there is a purpose. When I was out in the world I thought I had a plan. My plan was to become a doctor, maybe move in with my boyfriend, and get saved later. All but one of those plans fell through. I didn’t think about the plan that God had for my life. I put aside the secret desires of my heart and I just used writing as an emotional outlet from time to time. I didn’t know that the thing that I considered an outlet was actually attached to my destiny. I didn’t know that God had a real plan for me.
We hear the verse “trust in the LORD with all thine heart and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths” but we don’t really apply it to our lives. We make all these plans and never think that God has a different one that will blow our minds. Well, God blows my mind every time he reveals a new part of His plan for my life to me. The plan that God has for my life reminds me that I am not my own and that I have to stay close to Him to get to the next part of my journey.
I’m in a new place in my life that I didn’t see coming and God is requiring some hard things from me. He’s teaching me to lean on him and not man. I like to get instructions from people, but I believe that God is getting me in a place where I have to get instruction from him.
Sometimes to get closer to God we have to forsake all others. We have to forsake that old boyfriend that God never intended for us to marry anyway, we have to forsake friends, family, jobs, and old habits. You have to be ok with allowing God to strip you to nothing so that He can build you up to greatness for his glory.
Do you actually believe that God can strip you of everything that man has done for you so that he can open up new avenues of blessing from his own hands? Are you even able to receive direct blessings from the hand of the Lord? Abraham was blessed when he cut off the things and people that God commanded him to. He didn’t know what would happen to him as he followed God. He didn’t know about the various tests that he would have to pass, but yet he still moved. He allowed God to lead him and to fight for him. How many of us can do that? How many of us can be quiet while allowing God to be God? Following God is a hard thing to do when you have a world mentality. That is why you have to be stripped so that you can learn who God is and what he can do.
In the world, you have to defend yourself and you have to prove a point, but with God, he is the point. He is the beginning and the end. If an action does not please God you have to have the discipline to know how to back away from it and leave it alone.
Taking directions has not been easy, but I know that they are necessary. Sometimes I ask God, how is he going to do everything that he says he will. I look at myself and I don’t see what he sees, but I know that the valley is the making of ME in HIM.
Israel had to be made. They could no longer be the slaves that served in Egypt. Israel had to become a people that served the Lord. They had to learn new customs and traditions. They had to put the old gods down and learn the true essence of worship.
Lord help me to be childlike. Help me to sit at your feet and listen for your instructions. Lord take way the worry and the doubt. Help me to trust you to do what you said you would do and help me to not grumble through the process. Lord help me to not be my own worst enemy and help me to remember that I am not alone. Everything that you tell me to do is for my good even if it does not feel good. Lord help me to forgive those that have hurt me and help me to let go of bad memories. Lord make me strong in you. Open my ears to your voice and help me to see the victories where I am in my life now. In Jesus name, Amen

Don’t be afraid to follow the Lord. Don’t be afraid to hear his voice. Know that all things are working for your good and that God is not like man that he should lie. Be encouraged <3

Recommended Reading:
Proverbs 3:5-6
I also recommended that you study the relationship that God has with Israel starting in the book of Exodus and leading up to the book of Joshua. Israel was going through a lot, but God remembered them and he saved them. God had a purpose and a plan for this huge nation of people and yet they desired to return to the very place that God had delivered them from. Stop trying to go back to people who God called you out from. You are a new creature in Christ, walk in that. I believe that these chapters will show you the growth of a people and you may also see yourself and your own life decisions through Israel’s relationship with God <3

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

You are Seen

“Thereafter, Hagar used another name to refer to the LORD, who had spoken to her. She said, ‘You are the God who sees me.’ ” (Genesis 16:13) Hagar was unexpected. She was an Egyptian maid who turned into a baby mama, given to a man so that his wife could bear a son before her time of blessing had come. and she was a track star. My girl was a track star too. She got out of the house of Abram so fast when she became mistreated. Hagar never asked to be placed in the position to become a wife while still being called a maid. Her yes impacted her greatly and a ‘beef’ was the result.  Hagar knew the house rules, “We serve the big G and not the little g’s over here.” She saw Abram praying and observed him meeting with God, but then it happened. Sari commissioned her, and she was given to a man. Hager was never really asked, she was never really considered a wife and was more lik...

Beauty for Ashes: Release the Urn

  “ The Spirit of the Sovereign  Lord  is on me,    because the  Lord  has anointed me  to proclaim good news to the poor.   He has sent me to bind up the brokenhearted,  to proclaim freedom for the captives   and release from darkness for the prisoners,   to proclaim the year of the  Lord ’s favor ,  and the day of vengeance of our God,  to comfort all who mourn,   and provide for those who grieve in Zion ,  to bestow on them a crown of beauty     instead of ashes,   the oil of joy   instead of mourning,   and a garment of praise   instead of a spirit of despair .  They will be called oaks of righteousness,  a planting of the  Lord   for the display of his splendor. ” - Isaiah 61:1-3 NIV   A vessel of God told me to write the real story. The one that was uncut, raw, and honest. I was to write the TR...

You are Not Lost in the Crowd. God Sees You!

Someone asked the question Why do we sing? When we lift our hands to Jesus What do we really mean ~Kirk Franklin “Why we sing?” It’s very very easy to get lost in the realm of religion or to get caught up in the hype of “church”. God has blessed so many of his people with gifts and talents that range from writing and composing, to worshiping, preaching and dancing. At my church, it seems like every one has some sort of gift and I must admit that I feel lost in the shuffle, but that brings me to point of asking myself questions such as ,“who am I going to church for?” and “whose attention am I aiming for?” Everyone wants to be noticed. We want to be praised and we want to be the favorite child, but at what cost? What are we paying to be number one in the congregation’s eyes? and do we even care if God is pleased with us right where we are? I’m the queen of being offended and I often compare myself, my progression in Christ, and my life to others. This should not be so and...

Be Still and Know

“Be still, and know that I am God”- Psalm 46:10a KJV Today as I was driving to work, anxious, knowing that I needed Jesus, I saw “In God I trust”, and “ Be still and know” on two separate cars, one after the other. I needed both things, and that is what I am clinging to. The past can make you feel as if you are in a track meet running from it. It seems faster and more advance within the race, but God says, “Be still and know that I am God.” Being still in a world full of thoughts is its own task, but the command of God is bigger than that. “Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words.”                      -John 14:23a Above anything, God’s word is the answer. It is what halts the past and brings stillness instead of constant worrying. I considered Moses today. This man, who literally ran from his past, was asked to lead others to a future that God...

Who Are You Married To?

“Jesus said to her,  “Go, call your husband, and come here.”   The woman answered and said, “I have no husband.”   Jesus said to her,  “You have well said, ‘I have no husband,’   for you have had five husbands, and the one whom you now have is not your husband; in that you spoke truly”                         (John 4:17-18 NKJV). Over the last few days, I’ve missed someone. You may wonder why I would even start things off in this way, but this type of stuff has to be confronted because it’s how people get caught up and entangled in what God loosed them from already.  As I was thinking what I was thinking, each time I heard, “What part of toxic do you miss?” I can’t argue with the question. The situation was beyond toxic, but with this being so, what causes me to miss something that left me so shattered? The answer: the familiarity.   Being familiar with a thing will cause you to run ...

The Process of Faithing It: Trusting Jesus with Your Faith

  “Daughter, your faith has made you well. Go in peace, and be healed of your affliction” (Mark 5:34 NKJV). Can you imagine Jesus in a crowd? Everyone has a need, but His target in that moment is to go and build the faith of a little girl’s family at the request of her father because they think that she will die. The father is scared, but Jesus was on the way until He felt something. This feeling was different, but powerful. Jesus turns around looking, asking questions, but finds his answer in the form of a woman, standing and looking amazed at what just happened to her. After 13 years of anemia, tiredness, dizzy spells, soiled clothing, and impacted relationships, she is healed.  This woman with an issue of blood had spent all of her money, but decided to trust Jesus with her faith, which was all that she had left. Jesus was not too busy to stop and ask, “Who touched me?”. The disciples reminded Jesus of all the people that were around them, but this touch was different. Some...

Refreshment for the Journey

You cannot tell everybody your dreams because your dreams might be bigger than their expectation of you. You will do things for God that  man did not see coming. Learn to lean on the opinions of Jesus instead of allowing yourself to become esteemed by the opinions of man. Those folks do not know you or the potential that God has placed on the inside of you. Some of you even have family members that don’t know the real you. Think of yourself as a plan that God has up His sleeve. You are unexpected, but powerful through His grace. Nobody saw Joseph coming. His own brothers did not even know who he was to God. People don’t always treat you like the One who created you. That is why you have to learn to see yourself the way that God sees you and have no bitterness in your heart toward man. Forgive those people who talk about you and use you. Joseph had to forgive his brothers because God was going to use him to protect them. People have no idea that you may be the one that God is...

Waiting for the Promise vs. Moving in Impatience

“Then Abraham fell on his face and laughed, and said in his heart, “Shall a child be born to a man who is one hundred years old? And shall Sarah, who is ninety years old, bear a child? ” And Abraham said to God, “Oh, that Ishmael might live before You!” Then God said: “No, Sarah your wife shall bear you a son, and you shall call his name Isaac; I will establish My covenant with him for an everlasting covenant, and with his descendants after him”   ( Genesis 17: 17-19 NKJV). Isaac was desired, but Ismael was birthed out of impatience. If God told you that you were going to birth something beautiful, no matter what your season may look like, bank on the Lord’s promises. Your Ishmael does not have to be a man, your Ishmael can be an opportunity. Don’t walk into just any ole thing because you got tired of waiting on God. If God promised you something in 2016 and you didn’t see it in 2017, that does not mean that He forgot about what He promised you. Isaac had a set season and ...

Gut Check of the Heart

“But [like a boxer] I strictly discipline my body and make it my slave, so that, after I have preached [the gospel] to others, I myself will not somehow be disqualified [as unfit for service]” (1 Corinthians 9:27 AMP). If you need to be told that you did a good job, “You did a good job. You gave, and you submitted to man. You showed up and did what they asked. Good job.” “But I have this [charge] against you, that you have left your first love [you have lost the depth of love that you first had for Me]” (Revelation 2:4 AMP). Gut Check:  Don’t love the applause of men more than you love God.  Why do you show up?  What do you gain from that, and what happens when the way that they applaud  you does not meet your need of this kind of fulfillment?   Beat your body into submission to God. Serve Him well. Become an early riser and seek the Father to release the strategy for the day to you. Sit in His presence and bask in His love. Thank Him for what He has a...

Will You Marry Me?

I’m not obsessed, but I’ve been thinking about marriage a lot more lately. As a Christian, I’ve learned where I went wrong concerning my standards of dating before I knew Jesus. I have been looking at the profile pages of exes to see if, perhaps, I was missing something. I’m happy to report that I am not. I more so found myself thanking God for what He didn’t allow. Even though I’m thankful for every failed relationship, I find myself encountering the hurt that still remains as a result of my insecurities. There is so much that I have not let go of. In a way,I’m afraid to let go of the hurt that I am carrying because that vacant spot could potentially attract more pain in its place. I want to trust people, but the fear of them knowing who I intimately am always gets in my way.                 I so badly desire God and everything that He has for me, but the past is a hinderance. I feel as if I should finally forgive those that misused me, ...