“Thereafter, Hagar used another name to refer to the LORD, who had spoken to her. She said, ‘You are the God who sees me.’ ” (Genesis 16:13)
Hagar was unexpected. She was an Egyptian maid who turned into a baby mama, given to a man so that his wife could bear a son before her time of blessing had come. and she was a track star. My girl was a track star too. She got out of the house of Abram so fast when she became mistreated. Hagar never asked to be placed in the position to become a wife while still being called a maid. Her yes impacted her greatly and a ‘beef’ was the result.
Hagar knew the house rules, “We serve the big G and not the little g’s over here.” She saw Abram praying and observed him meeting with God, but then it happened. Sari commissioned her, and she was given to a man. Hager was never really asked, she was never really considered a wife and was more like a surrogate than a loved part of this new family dynamic.
Aside from the situation and tension, Hagar is still a person. An unexpected woman who God made room for. She is evidence that God will meet you when you are on the run. God could have let Hagar go, and He could have allowed her to die in a dry place, but instead, He saw her, talked to her, and told her to turn back to the place she was trying to avoid.
What are you avoiding?
Where did you come from, and where are you going?
Are you on the run?
Hagar is not the first or the last runner in history. Moses was a track star as well, but this woman is the one that some people may have been happy to see leave. Hagar was never a part of the plan, but the Creator added a testimony that we need through her. Hagar never expected to be seen, but she was. That is the beauty of her story.
If you have ever expected to not be seen, God sees you! Your portion is not invisibility.
God has a plan for your life and settling in a dry place is not it.
Turn back to the plan of God and know that He has made room for you.
Lord, open my eyes to see the well of blessing that you have for me. This well is not things, it is You. I want to see You. I want to have an encounter with You. Show me the well, God. Open my ears and increase my hearing. I need your presence and your scent.
I pray Philippians 4:8 over my mind today. Keep my mind stayed on you and give me your words to pray. I am seen. I am known. I am heard. I am loved. I pray to remain and to understand with a deepness.
I receive Isaiah 61:3, and I will keep my eyes focused on Jesus. I will not run. I will stand firmly. You seal me with Your signet ring, and You are the God who sees me. Thank You, Lord. In Jesus’ name, amen.
Recommended Reading: Genesis 16
Comments
Post a Comment