Skip to main content

Lord, Why am I here?:Wilderness Chronicles


“The Spirit then compelled Jesus to go into the wilderness” (Mark 1:2 NLT).
You have to go through the wilderness so that you can identify with the wilderness that other people are in. There are more people searching for themselves in the wilderness than there are on the mountain top of victory because they have no one that is willing to lead them from of a place of being lost and then found. You don’t go through situations in life to stay there. You go through in order to come out better than you were before.
There are instances in which the spirit of God will cause you to go into a dry place, but that place is meant to be used as a teaching point not a living quarters. We cry and complain in dry places. We misunderstand God’s intentions and we ask Him” Why me?” Some of us never get the lesson that God wants to teach us, and we end up making our tent in a place that God never intended for us to call home.
You are not the first person to go through a wilderness and you will not the last. In the wilderness, you can choose to be a victorious example or a victim. Jesus is an example of what it looks like to go into the wilderness and come out empowered.
“Then Jesus was led by the Spirit into the wilderness to be tempted there by the devil” (Matthew 4:1 NLT).
There is so much temptation in the wilderness. The devil likes to use God’s teaching points as a tool to make you leave the Lord, but you have to know how to fight the temptation and depend on God even when you feel as if He is not there. Jesus was in a fleshly place of needing things, but every response that He had was spiritual. Jesus was offered the fleshly manifestation of things that God had already given Him in the spirit, but it was not time to see them just yet. Your faith that God has given you the victory has to be stronger than your desire to see the victory out of the season that it was appointed to manifest in. Purpose is like a baby on the inside of a woman’s womb. You can’t rush the birth of it because every part of will develop in stages/trimesters. Let your baby form and in due season, it will come forth.
The devil will give you things that you can touch when you are not in the season to touch them yet. You have got to have faith in God and in His timing. You have got to know who you are so that the devil will not be able to tell you who you are not. Jesus was powerful, but wisdom allowed Jesus to know when to tap into that power. Jesus could have ended all His problems in the wilderness, but He had us on His heart and choose not to.
Some of the wildernesses that you travel through will be used as a testimony to show others that they can make it. The devil will offer you a quick way out, but you have go to know the voice of the Lord so that you will not follow the voice or the advice of a stranger. Every seemingly good opportunity is not from God, but it is a distraction meant to take your focus off of your destiny.
Like Jesus, Joseph was tempted in his desert. He went to jail because he did not heed to a woman’s advances toward him. Joseph was lied on and placed into prison because he had integrity and understood why he was in the wilderness that he was in. Seek God on His purpose for allowing you to walk through dry places. Seek God on the lessons that He wants you to learn and ask Him for the strength to withstand temptation.
The wilderness does not have to place that you die in, but it can be a place where you are groomed for your purpose. “John grew up and became strong in spirit. And he lived in the wilderness until he began his public ministry to Israel” (Luke 1:80 NLT).
“For we do not have a high priest who cannot sympathize with our weaknesses, but One who has been tempted in all things as we are, yet without sin” (Hebrews 4:15 NASB).
The good news about Jesus is that He truly does understand whatever wilderness you are traveling through. Sometimes we feel alone and misunderstood, but those feelings provide you with an opportunity to get closer to the Father if you press through them. Feelings can lie to us, but the truth of God remains the same. He said that He would never leave us nor forsake us (Deuteronomy 31:8). He also gave us a comforter that teaches us and reminds us of everything that Jesus has said (John 14:26).
I don’t know what wilderness you are in right now and I don’t know what wilderness you have just come out of. I don’t know what you need, but I know a man named Jesus that does.  I pray that God will protect you in whatever valley you are going through, and I stand with you in faith that you will come out of it stronger, wiser, and fuller than you were before. I pray that you will be overtaken by grace, love, joy, and peace today. I pray that you will super naturally be encouraged through Jesus Christ today. I pray that the Spirit of the Lord will overtake you and I pray that you understand what it means to be drowning in the love of God. I thank God that He will allow you to be a mentor and tour guide that will help others come out of the wilderness that God is allowing you to survive right now. I pray that you don’t give up on this process and I thank God for the destiny that is about to come forth out of your womb, In Jesus name I pray, Amen.
Note: You go through the wilderness for two reasons. One reason is to get equipped for the assignment that you are about to walk in and the other reason is because of sin. Jesus was released when He came out of the wilderness and He became connected with His disciples (Luke 4-5). Jesus went through the wilderness, He didn’t stay there. The Israelites were supposed to go through the wilderness, but sin kept there until those that disobeyed God has died. Be like Jesus. Get every lesson that God wants to teach you and then go out into all the world and preach the gospel.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

You are Seen

“Thereafter, Hagar used another name to refer to the LORD, who had spoken to her. She said, ‘You are the God who sees me.’ ” (Genesis 16:13) Hagar was unexpected. She was an Egyptian maid who turned into a baby mama, given to a man so that his wife could bear a son before her time of blessing had come. and she was a track star. My girl was a track star too. She got out of the house of Abram so fast when she became mistreated. Hagar never asked to be placed in the position to become a wife while still being called a maid. Her yes impacted her greatly and a ‘beef’ was the result.  Hagar knew the house rules, “We serve the big G and not the little g’s over here.” She saw Abram praying and observed him meeting with God, but then it happened. Sari commissioned her, and she was given to a man. Hager was never really asked, she was never really considered a wife and was more lik...

Beauty for Ashes: Release the Urn

  “ The Spirit of the Sovereign  Lord  is on me,    because the  Lord  has anointed me  to proclaim good news to the poor.   He has sent me to bind up the brokenhearted,  to proclaim freedom for the captives   and release from darkness for the prisoners,   to proclaim the year of the  Lord ’s favor ,  and the day of vengeance of our God,  to comfort all who mourn,   and provide for those who grieve in Zion ,  to bestow on them a crown of beauty     instead of ashes,   the oil of joy   instead of mourning,   and a garment of praise   instead of a spirit of despair .  They will be called oaks of righteousness,  a planting of the  Lord   for the display of his splendor. ” - Isaiah 61:1-3 NIV   A vessel of God told me to write the real story. The one that was uncut, raw, and honest. I was to write the TR...

You are Not Lost in the Crowd. God Sees You!

Someone asked the question Why do we sing? When we lift our hands to Jesus What do we really mean ~Kirk Franklin “Why we sing?” It’s very very easy to get lost in the realm of religion or to get caught up in the hype of “church”. God has blessed so many of his people with gifts and talents that range from writing and composing, to worshiping, preaching and dancing. At my church, it seems like every one has some sort of gift and I must admit that I feel lost in the shuffle, but that brings me to point of asking myself questions such as ,“who am I going to church for?” and “whose attention am I aiming for?” Everyone wants to be noticed. We want to be praised and we want to be the favorite child, but at what cost? What are we paying to be number one in the congregation’s eyes? and do we even care if God is pleased with us right where we are? I’m the queen of being offended and I often compare myself, my progression in Christ, and my life to others. This should not be so and...

Be Still and Know

“Be still, and know that I am God”- Psalm 46:10a KJV Today as I was driving to work, anxious, knowing that I needed Jesus, I saw “In God I trust”, and “ Be still and know” on two separate cars, one after the other. I needed both things, and that is what I am clinging to. The past can make you feel as if you are in a track meet running from it. It seems faster and more advance within the race, but God says, “Be still and know that I am God.” Being still in a world full of thoughts is its own task, but the command of God is bigger than that. “Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words.”                      -John 14:23a Above anything, God’s word is the answer. It is what halts the past and brings stillness instead of constant worrying. I considered Moses today. This man, who literally ran from his past, was asked to lead others to a future that God...

Who Are You Married To?

“Jesus said to her,  “Go, call your husband, and come here.”   The woman answered and said, “I have no husband.”   Jesus said to her,  “You have well said, ‘I have no husband,’   for you have had five husbands, and the one whom you now have is not your husband; in that you spoke truly”                         (John 4:17-18 NKJV). Over the last few days, I’ve missed someone. You may wonder why I would even start things off in this way, but this type of stuff has to be confronted because it’s how people get caught up and entangled in what God loosed them from already.  As I was thinking what I was thinking, each time I heard, “What part of toxic do you miss?” I can’t argue with the question. The situation was beyond toxic, but with this being so, what causes me to miss something that left me so shattered? The answer: the familiarity.   Being familiar with a thing will cause you to run ...

Refreshment for the Journey

You cannot tell everybody your dreams because your dreams might be bigger than their expectation of you. You will do things for God that  man did not see coming. Learn to lean on the opinions of Jesus instead of allowing yourself to become esteemed by the opinions of man. Those folks do not know you or the potential that God has placed on the inside of you. Some of you even have family members that don’t know the real you. Think of yourself as a plan that God has up His sleeve. You are unexpected, but powerful through His grace. Nobody saw Joseph coming. His own brothers did not even know who he was to God. People don’t always treat you like the One who created you. That is why you have to learn to see yourself the way that God sees you and have no bitterness in your heart toward man. Forgive those people who talk about you and use you. Joseph had to forgive his brothers because God was going to use him to protect them. People have no idea that you may be the one that God is...

Waiting for the Promise vs. Moving in Impatience

“Then Abraham fell on his face and laughed, and said in his heart, “Shall a child be born to a man who is one hundred years old? And shall Sarah, who is ninety years old, bear a child? ” And Abraham said to God, “Oh, that Ishmael might live before You!” Then God said: “No, Sarah your wife shall bear you a son, and you shall call his name Isaac; I will establish My covenant with him for an everlasting covenant, and with his descendants after him”   ( Genesis 17: 17-19 NKJV). Isaac was desired, but Ismael was birthed out of impatience. If God told you that you were going to birth something beautiful, no matter what your season may look like, bank on the Lord’s promises. Your Ishmael does not have to be a man, your Ishmael can be an opportunity. Don’t walk into just any ole thing because you got tired of waiting on God. If God promised you something in 2016 and you didn’t see it in 2017, that does not mean that He forgot about what He promised you. Isaac had a set season and ...

The Process of Faithing It: Trusting Jesus with Your Faith

  “Daughter, your faith has made you well. Go in peace, and be healed of your affliction” (Mark 5:34 NKJV). Can you imagine Jesus in a crowd? Everyone has a need, but His target in that moment is to go and build the faith of a little girl’s family at the request of her father because they think that she will die. The father is scared, but Jesus was on the way until He felt something. This feeling was different, but powerful. Jesus turns around looking, asking questions, but finds his answer in the form of a woman, standing and looking amazed at what just happened to her. After 13 years of anemia, tiredness, dizzy spells, soiled clothing, and impacted relationships, she is healed.  This woman with an issue of blood had spent all of her money, but decided to trust Jesus with her faith, which was all that she had left. Jesus was not too busy to stop and ask, “Who touched me?”. The disciples reminded Jesus of all the people that were around them, but this touch was different. Some...

Will You Marry Me?

I’m not obsessed, but I’ve been thinking about marriage a lot more lately. As a Christian, I’ve learned where I went wrong concerning my standards of dating before I knew Jesus. I have been looking at the profile pages of exes to see if, perhaps, I was missing something. I’m happy to report that I am not. I more so found myself thanking God for what He didn’t allow. Even though I’m thankful for every failed relationship, I find myself encountering the hurt that still remains as a result of my insecurities. There is so much that I have not let go of. In a way,I’m afraid to let go of the hurt that I am carrying because that vacant spot could potentially attract more pain in its place. I want to trust people, but the fear of them knowing who I intimately am always gets in my way.                 I so badly desire God and everything that He has for me, but the past is a hinderance. I feel as if I should finally forgive those that misused me, ...

I have Chosen You: Distractions and Distress are not Your Portion

“You did not choose me, but I choose you and appointed you that you should go and bear fruit and that your fruit should abide, so that whatever you ask the Father in my name, He may give it to you.”                                                        (John 15:16 ESV).    At the church that I attend, the stage/ alter has   steps that one can  ascend  on to reach the top. As I looked at the steps, I envisioned what God is doing in this season. I saw a representative on the floor before the steps began ,  and I saw them moving up one step at a time. We are in a season of elevation and with elevation comes great responsibility.  As I consider the prayers that I have prayed and the questions that I have asked  God , I see the answers all around me, but inwardly I have rejected the responsibility that comes ...