“Be still, and know that I am God”- Psalm 46:10a KJV
Today as I was driving to work, anxious, knowing that I needed Jesus, I saw “In God I trust”, and “ Be still and know” on two separate cars, one after the other. I needed both things, and that is what I am clinging to.
The past can make you feel as if you are in a track meet running from it. It seems faster and more advance within the race, but God says, “Be still and know that I am God.” Being still in a world full of thoughts is its own task, but the command of God is bigger than that.
“Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words.”
-John 14:23a
Above anything, God’s word is the answer. It is what halts the past and brings stillness instead of constant worrying.
I considered Moses today. This man, who literally ran from his past, was asked to lead others to a future that God promised them. The past chased them down in violence. The people where afraid, but God gave Moses a strategy. He told Moses to lift his arms, and the sea would part, making room for them to run through it. The past didn’t stop chasing them, but as the people trusted God and kept going, the past was drowned .
God will eliminate what came to destroy you, but you must refuse to look back. The looking back gives those things power and can cause you to trip up.
Trusting God keeps you steady and adds leverage.
Stop for a moment and trust God. In the midst of everything in your world, stop. Make God first, and He will equip you with a knowing greater than anything that tried to make you feel as if it is bigger than Him.
Prayer: Psalm 23 (Easy version)
1The Lord takes care of me,
like a shepherd with his sheep.
I have everything that I need.
2 He takes me to green fields where I can rest.
He leads me to streams of water where I can drink.
3 He gives me new strength in my life.
He is my guide to the right paths.
He does this to give honour to his name.
4 I may walk through a valley that is as dark as death.
But I will not be afraid of any danger.
This is because you are with me, Lord.
Your stick and your shepherd's pole protect me from danger.
5 You prepare a big meal for me while my enemies watch.
You put olive oil on my head.
You bless me so much that my cup is completely full.
6 I am sure that you will always be good to me.
You will love me all the days of my life.
That will never change.
I will live in the Lord's house for as long as I live.
Recommended Reading:
Philippians 4:6-7
Exodus 14
Comments
Post a Comment