Skip to main content

Battles of a Royal Priesthood


You fight because you are royal, but this fight is not just against the world; you also have inner battles that you need to win also. The battle that one fights within themselves is one of the biggest battles that you will have to win in your life time. You already have an enemy against you (the devil is your enemy), why are you becoming your own worst enemy also? Learn to believe what God has already said about you. You have to know that you are good enough despite what your circumstances throw at you and you have to know that you are smart enough if the Lord saw fit to send you. King David was not trained on how to build and keep a kingdom. He was not even the first choice as king, but he was the holy choice. God will move people out their positions to make room for you if you are His choice.
Be mindful concerning how you represent the Lord where you are right now in your life. You may be over looked. You may be under paid. You may even be unpopular, but the Lord will affirm you and draw attention to you in His timing. Don’t be consumed by the attention, but be humbled by the fact that God would choose to anoint you and allow you to represent Him in any capacity. King David was chosen last. No one even thought enough to go and get him so that he could meet the prophet Samuel until the Lord made it noticed that the ones that were present were not His choice. It does not matter if people notice you or not on your job or in your family as long as the Lord knows who you are. God was watching David and He prepared David in private before He allowed his purpose to be known publicly. People will be surprised by what God wants to do with you.
God protected David from people who would want to be around him just because of what his purpose was. God protected David from the opinions of how people thought the kingdom should be run. Stop attempting to find your value in man when God is the one that will anoint you, appoint you, and keep you in the place that He desires to send you. Stop wanting recognition for everything and honor the Lord right where you are. It does not matter if man ever knows your name as long as your name is known in heaven and written in the book of life. Seek the Lord concerning how you should react in situations where people hurt you and talk down to you. Ask Him to teach you how He wants you to fight. You may be warring by the fact that you are holding your tongue and crying out to the Lord. Every battle is not yours to fight. Be still and know that He is God (Psalm 46:10).
Lord I pray that you will teach me to find my value in you alone. I pray that you will teach me my weapons of praise and my weapons of warfare. I pray that I will wholly submit my life, my job, my wants, my desires, and my purpose to you. I pray to follow you with my whole heart without fear of the future and I pray to forgive others quickly. I pray to hear your voice like never before and I pray to live a life that gives you glory in every area. You are my strength. You are my hope. You are my peace. You are my confidant. You are my counselor. You are my crown. Lord I pray that every area of my life is pleasing to you because you are what gives me value. I love you Lord and I am thankful for you. You are a big God. You are true, you are honest, and you are worthy to be praised. Thank you for forgiving me for my sins and thank you for the blood of Christ Jesus. In Jesus name I pray Amen.
Recommended Reading: “He said, "Listen, all you people of Judah and Jerusalem! Listen, King Jehoshaphat! This is what the LORD says: Do not be afraid! Don't be discouraged by this mighty army, for the battle is not yours, but God's”
(2 Chronicles 20:15 NLT).

” Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord, and in the power of his might. Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil. For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places. Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand. Stand therefore, having your loins girt about with truth, and having on the breastplate of righteousness; And your feet shod with the preparation of the gospel of peace; Above all, taking the shield of faith, wherewith ye shall be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked. And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God
 (Ephesians 6:10-17 KJV).

“But ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should shew forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light” (1 Peter 2:9).


Work cited for pictures used:
Figure 1: http://davidanthonyporter.typepad.com/.a/6a00e55043abd0883401156e4d22c0970c-320wi
Figure 2: https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEiQdcFiQJubCXZtgRmVCQdSbfiafq0N5OJHK6eCR0OwtvX0N-iFsyYA2lWj3EOECvkxlJrxwJs2XsoUZsh-JDV7KQB3_swHEGwxJsUvAXui73Q4RdshRSaIl2kApldATxTywf9JjFOAE1k/s1600/High+Priest.jpg


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

You are Seen

“Thereafter, Hagar used another name to refer to the LORD, who had spoken to her. She said, ‘You are the God who sees me.’ ” (Genesis 16:13) Hagar was unexpected. She was an Egyptian maid who turned into a baby mama, given to a man so that his wife could bear a son before her time of blessing had come. and she was a track star. My girl was a track star too. She got out of the house of Abram so fast when she became mistreated. Hagar never asked to be placed in the position to become a wife while still being called a maid. Her yes impacted her greatly and a ‘beef’ was the result.  Hagar knew the house rules, “We serve the big G and not the little g’s over here.” She saw Abram praying and observed him meeting with God, but then it happened. Sari commissioned her, and she was given to a man. Hager was never really asked, she was never really considered a wife and was more lik...

You are Not Lost in the Crowd. God Sees You!

Someone asked the question Why do we sing? When we lift our hands to Jesus What do we really mean ~Kirk Franklin “Why we sing?” It’s very very easy to get lost in the realm of religion or to get caught up in the hype of “church”. God has blessed so many of his people with gifts and talents that range from writing and composing, to worshiping, preaching and dancing. At my church, it seems like every one has some sort of gift and I must admit that I feel lost in the shuffle, but that brings me to point of asking myself questions such as ,“who am I going to church for?” and “whose attention am I aiming for?” Everyone wants to be noticed. We want to be praised and we want to be the favorite child, but at what cost? What are we paying to be number one in the congregation’s eyes? and do we even care if God is pleased with us right where we are? I’m the queen of being offended and I often compare myself, my progression in Christ, and my life to others. This should not be so and...

Beauty for Ashes: Release the Urn

  “ The Spirit of the Sovereign  Lord  is on me,    because the  Lord  has anointed me  to proclaim good news to the poor.   He has sent me to bind up the brokenhearted,  to proclaim freedom for the captives   and release from darkness for the prisoners,   to proclaim the year of the  Lord ’s favor ,  and the day of vengeance of our God,  to comfort all who mourn,   and provide for those who grieve in Zion ,  to bestow on them a crown of beauty     instead of ashes,   the oil of joy   instead of mourning,   and a garment of praise   instead of a spirit of despair .  They will be called oaks of righteousness,  a planting of the  Lord   for the display of his splendor. ” - Isaiah 61:1-3 NIV   A vessel of God told me to write the real story. The one that was uncut, raw, and honest. I was to write the TR...

Who Are You Married To?

“Jesus said to her,  “Go, call your husband, and come here.”   The woman answered and said, “I have no husband.”   Jesus said to her,  “You have well said, ‘I have no husband,’   for you have had five husbands, and the one whom you now have is not your husband; in that you spoke truly”                         (John 4:17-18 NKJV). Over the last few days, I’ve missed someone. You may wonder why I would even start things off in this way, but this type of stuff has to be confronted because it’s how people get caught up and entangled in what God loosed them from already.  As I was thinking what I was thinking, each time I heard, “What part of toxic do you miss?” I can’t argue with the question. The situation was beyond toxic, but with this being so, what causes me to miss something that left me so shattered? The answer: the familiarity.   Being familiar with a thing will cause you to run ...

Be Still and Know

“Be still, and know that I am God”- Psalm 46:10a KJV Today as I was driving to work, anxious, knowing that I needed Jesus, I saw “In God I trust”, and “ Be still and know” on two separate cars, one after the other. I needed both things, and that is what I am clinging to. The past can make you feel as if you are in a track meet running from it. It seems faster and more advance within the race, but God says, “Be still and know that I am God.” Being still in a world full of thoughts is its own task, but the command of God is bigger than that. “Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words.”                      -John 14:23a Above anything, God’s word is the answer. It is what halts the past and brings stillness instead of constant worrying. I considered Moses today. This man, who literally ran from his past, was asked to lead others to a future that God...

Refreshment for the Journey

You cannot tell everybody your dreams because your dreams might be bigger than their expectation of you. You will do things for God that  man did not see coming. Learn to lean on the opinions of Jesus instead of allowing yourself to become esteemed by the opinions of man. Those folks do not know you or the potential that God has placed on the inside of you. Some of you even have family members that don’t know the real you. Think of yourself as a plan that God has up His sleeve. You are unexpected, but powerful through His grace. Nobody saw Joseph coming. His own brothers did not even know who he was to God. People don’t always treat you like the One who created you. That is why you have to learn to see yourself the way that God sees you and have no bitterness in your heart toward man. Forgive those people who talk about you and use you. Joseph had to forgive his brothers because God was going to use him to protect them. People have no idea that you may be the one that God is...

Waiting for the Promise vs. Moving in Impatience

“Then Abraham fell on his face and laughed, and said in his heart, “Shall a child be born to a man who is one hundred years old? And shall Sarah, who is ninety years old, bear a child? ” And Abraham said to God, “Oh, that Ishmael might live before You!” Then God said: “No, Sarah your wife shall bear you a son, and you shall call his name Isaac; I will establish My covenant with him for an everlasting covenant, and with his descendants after him”   ( Genesis 17: 17-19 NKJV). Isaac was desired, but Ismael was birthed out of impatience. If God told you that you were going to birth something beautiful, no matter what your season may look like, bank on the Lord’s promises. Your Ishmael does not have to be a man, your Ishmael can be an opportunity. Don’t walk into just any ole thing because you got tired of waiting on God. If God promised you something in 2016 and you didn’t see it in 2017, that does not mean that He forgot about what He promised you. Isaac had a set season and ...

The Process of Faithing It: Trusting Jesus with Your Faith

  “Daughter, your faith has made you well. Go in peace, and be healed of your affliction” (Mark 5:34 NKJV). Can you imagine Jesus in a crowd? Everyone has a need, but His target in that moment is to go and build the faith of a little girl’s family at the request of her father because they think that she will die. The father is scared, but Jesus was on the way until He felt something. This feeling was different, but powerful. Jesus turns around looking, asking questions, but finds his answer in the form of a woman, standing and looking amazed at what just happened to her. After 13 years of anemia, tiredness, dizzy spells, soiled clothing, and impacted relationships, she is healed.  This woman with an issue of blood had spent all of her money, but decided to trust Jesus with her faith, which was all that she had left. Jesus was not too busy to stop and ask, “Who touched me?”. The disciples reminded Jesus of all the people that were around them, but this touch was different. Some...

Will You Marry Me?

I’m not obsessed, but I’ve been thinking about marriage a lot more lately. As a Christian, I’ve learned where I went wrong concerning my standards of dating before I knew Jesus. I have been looking at the profile pages of exes to see if, perhaps, I was missing something. I’m happy to report that I am not. I more so found myself thanking God for what He didn’t allow. Even though I’m thankful for every failed relationship, I find myself encountering the hurt that still remains as a result of my insecurities. There is so much that I have not let go of. In a way,I’m afraid to let go of the hurt that I am carrying because that vacant spot could potentially attract more pain in its place. I want to trust people, but the fear of them knowing who I intimately am always gets in my way.                 I so badly desire God and everything that He has for me, but the past is a hinderance. I feel as if I should finally forgive those that misused me, ...

Abounding in Grace: The Unmerited Favor of the Lord

“Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him and He will make your paths straight.” (Proverbs 3:5-6) There I was, a senior in college looking forward to finally graduating until I got the dreaded email that I was lacking 3 semester hours. In that moment, I was upset with myself and wondered how, after working so hard, I managed to still be unsuccessful. Even though I was one class away from earning a degree, I was standing at the tail end of a 6- year journey that should have only taken 4 years.  I had to re-face the fact that I had failed many previous classes and I had also almost gotten myself placed on academic suspension due to bad grades, but by the grace of God, the computer somehow skipped my name, and I never received a notification that I would not be able to resume classes. God showed so much grace to me, but not being able to graduate made me angry with Him. I felt like a failure, and I thought that He w...