“And Moses said, ‘I will turn aside to see this great sight, why the bush is not burned.’ When the Lord saw that he turned aside to see, God called to him out of the bush.”
(Exodus 3:3-4a)
Moses was born into both chaos and love. The chaos was Pharaoh demanding that growth be hindered by killing all the male babies, and the love was from God and his parents.
Moses was consecrated in a hiding place and then in a dangerous river. He was found by faith and given the perspective of the slave and of royalty.
Moses’ heart was never to be above, but to be at eye level with those he loved. Moses was already accepted by God, chosen, and loved. He was consecrated before he could understand purpose.
Moses, in his passion, did something that no one accepted. He killed a man when he tried to protect another one. He went on the run, broken, but not alone.
Moses didn’t cry. He adjusted. Pain was there, but so was provision and more lessons.
God met Moses in a place of acceptance that He didn’t give to him. Sometimes we fail to ask God “what” and focus on the “why.”
Why am I here?
Why is this happening?
What is Your purpose for me in this place, situation, and season, God?
Despite my own “why” today, I am choosing to now God “what.”
Pain is a gas station when we invite God in. He is meeting us at the mountain where we hid ourselves, and revealing purpose as we turn aside to see what He is showing us.
The past is being burned, but the lesson is not consumed by the fire. God is trimming the fat away from the heart. Fat is dangerous when it surrounds what is meant to keep beating, to keep us alive.
“Create in me a clean heart, O God; and renew a right spirit within me.”
(Psalm 51:10 KJV)
The new heart is free from what was assigned to hinder it and to kill you. God says that you shall not die, but live. Take off the grave clothes. That place is not your settlement. It is your testimony.
God says that you are not alone, “for I am with you. I will not leave you nor forsake you. You are My sheep. Now, choose to hear My voice. I have loved you with an unfailing love. Do you not see it? Has Satan blinded you? See now! I have plans for the future, and you will not fail. Rise now! Follow Me, and I will show you miraculous things. Follow Me now!”
Lord, as I hand You hurt, You hand me purpose, equipping me with lessons and oil. Lord, heal my perspective and my gaze. Steady the sea that I am in as You give me the strength to stand as Jesus did, commanding calmness. My trust is in You. I receive beauty for ashes and Your love in exchange for wounds that You never gave me. May this prayer touch not only my heart, but the heart of the one who reads this today. I thank You for the command to turn aside and see the great plans that You have for me. In Jesus’ name, amen.
Recommended Reading:
Exodus 1–3
Proverbs 3:5–6
Psalm 118:17
Isaiah 41:10
John 10:27–28
Jeremiah 29:11
Matthew 9:9
Jeremiah 33:3
Comments
Post a Comment