Skip to main content

Breaking Out of The Mundane

 
I remember when I first got filled with the Holy Spirit. I felt as if I had no control over myself. I woke up one morning singing a song that I had never heard in the language of God and that thang had a lot of high notes, but it was beautiful. I found myself praying more and I wasn't so reserved with what God wanted to do with me. I recall praying for my mother and I was the one to fall out, but her medical report came back perfect. I also remember spending the night with my aunt and getting no sleep at all because I was sent there to work. I danced around her hospital bed and I prayed for her, her leg was healed that night. I also recall just walking around the hospital praying down the halls. Now I wonder what happen to me. Why am I so discontent when I know the power of God and what he wants do through me? I've become reserved. 
 
The question I ask myself now is how do I break out of the mundaneness that I feel in my life. With God it was not about me . When I allowed him to lead, miracles and wonders followed. All I did was move and God did the rest. What happen to me? What made life feel boring? Why do I feel as if I am not being used? In many ways I have become reserved because of fear. Fear keeps us bound and it prohibits us from moving in the way that God needs us to. God has called us to break out of our shell not build a more secure one. So many people would be blessed if they would stop comparing their lives to those of the people around them. I do this a lot. I question the work of God's hands without considering the fact that perhaps I have been hindering my own process. I know what it's like to not be in control. I listened although I was uncomfortable and God moved because of  my obedience.  
 
Lord, forgive me for silencing the Holy Spirit. We can't tell the spirit of God to shut up because we are tired and scared. When the spirit of God speaks it is for a reason,but our disobedience causes not only us to miss out on seeing the marvelousness of God, but it also causes the ones that we are sent to miss out. Never get proud because you are anointed. It is not by your own power that the anointing flows but it is by God's spirit that you will be used. It is not your hand that produces healing or breaks yokes but it is through Christ alone. Paul stated that he considers " everything a loss because of the surpassing worth of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord, for whose sake I have lost all things. I consider them garbage, that I may gain Christ and be found in him, not having a righteousness of my own that comes from the law, but that which is through faith in Christ--the righteousness that comes from God on the basis of faith (Philippians 3:8-9)". Paul had every reason to boast in himself. Not only did he have the anointing of God over his life, but he was also intelligent. The bible says that he was perfect concerning the law of Moses, but he had  sense enough to not put his accolades over what has been accomplished at the cross. 
 
Life is not about your education or being better than the next person, but it is about God. You will acquire everything that you have need of once you surrender your all to him. 
Lord I come with a heart that is sorry for being discontent with my now. God forgive me for questioning your promises concerning my life and help me to submit to your spirit and this process.
 
Lord let my heart yearn for more of you and let my ears be attentive to your words, Lord take me back to the place of releasing the control of my life back to you. Holy Spirit use me. Help me to be sure of your promptings and move forward in confidence that it is you speaking. Lord bless and cover each person that is reading this. I pray that they open their hearts, minds, and ears in order to be used. Don't be afraid to move no matter how scary it may look. If God tells you to do something, have faith that he will provide all that you need. I pray for anyone that God is speaking to about becoming a missionary <3 Don't be afraid to move.. In Jesus name, Amen.
 
Recommended reading:
 "These are the things God has revealed to us by his Spirit.  The Spirit searches all things, even the deep things of God. For who knows a person’s thoughts except their own spirit within them? In the same way no one knows the thoughts of God except the Spirit of God. What we have received is not the spirit of the world, but the Spirit who is from God, so that we may understand what God has freely given us. This is what we speak, not in words taught us by human wisdom but in words taught by the Spirit, explaining spiritual realities with Spirit-taught words. The person without the Spirit does not accept the things that come from the Spirit of God but considers them foolishness, and cannot understand them because they are discerned only through the Spirit. The person with the Spirit makes judgments about all things, but such a person is not subject to merely human judgments, for, “Who has known the mind of the Lord so as to instruct him?” But we have the mind of Christ" (1 Corinthians 2: 10- 16).
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Beauty for Ashes: Release the Urn

  “ The Spirit of the Sovereign  Lord  is on me,    because the  Lord  has anointed me  to proclaim good news to the poor.   He has sent me to bind up the brokenhearted,  to proclaim freedom for the captives   and release from darkness for the prisoners,   to proclaim the year of the  Lord ’s favor ,  and the day of vengeance of our God,  to comfort all who mourn,   and provide for those who grieve in Zion ,  to bestow on them a crown of beauty     instead of ashes,   the oil of joy   instead of mourning,   and a garment of praise   instead of a spirit of despair .  They will be called oaks of righteousness,  a planting of the  Lord   for the display of his splendor. ” - Isaiah 61:1-3 NIV   A vessel of God told me to write the real story. The one that was uncut, raw, and honest. I was to write the TR...

You are Not Lost in the Crowd. God Sees You!

Someone asked the question Why do we sing? When we lift our hands to Jesus What do we really mean ~Kirk Franklin “Why we sing?” It’s very very easy to get lost in the realm of religion or to get caught up in the hype of “church”. God has blessed so many of his people with gifts and talents that range from writing and composing, to worshiping, preaching and dancing. At my church, it seems like every one has some sort of gift and I must admit that I feel lost in the shuffle, but that brings me to point of asking myself questions such as ,“who am I going to church for?” and “whose attention am I aiming for?” Everyone wants to be noticed. We want to be praised and we want to be the favorite child, but at what cost? What are we paying to be number one in the congregation’s eyes? and do we even care if God is pleased with us right where we are? I’m the queen of being offended and I often compare myself, my progression in Christ, and my life to others. This should not be so and...

You are Seen

“Thereafter, Hagar used another name to refer to the LORD, who had spoken to her. She said, ‘You are the God who sees me.’ ” (Genesis 16:13) Hagar was unexpected. She was an Egyptian maid who turned into a baby mama, given to a man so that his wife could bear a son before her time of blessing had come. and she was a track star. My girl was a track star too. She got out of the house of Abram so fast when she became mistreated. Hagar never asked to be placed in the position to become a wife while still being called a maid. Her yes impacted her greatly and a ‘beef’ was the result.  Hagar knew the house rules, “We serve the big G and not the little g’s over here.” She saw Abram praying and observed him meeting with God, but then it happened. Sari commissioned her, and she was given to a man. Hager was never really asked, she was never really considered a wife and was more lik...

The Process of Faithing It: Trusting Jesus with Your Faith

  “Daughter, your faith has made you well. Go in peace, and be healed of your affliction” (Mark 5:34 NKJV). Can you imagine Jesus in a crowd? Everyone has a need, but His target in that moment is to go and build the faith of a little girl’s family at the request of her father because they think that she will die. The father is scared, but Jesus was on the way until He felt something. This feeling was different, but powerful. Jesus turns around looking, asking questions, but finds his answer in the form of a woman, standing and looking amazed at what just happened to her. After 13 years of anemia, tiredness, dizzy spells, soiled clothing, and impacted relationships, she is healed.  This woman with an issue of blood had spent all of her money, but decided to trust Jesus with her faith, which was all that she had left. Jesus was not too busy to stop and ask, “Who touched me?”. The disciples reminded Jesus of all the people that were around them, but this touch was different. Some...

Destined to be Pregnant!

I believe that pregnancy is such a beautiful adventure. I look at all of the pictures that people take at every stage of their pregnancy and it makes me ask the question, what if God allowed us to see our spiritual pregnancy? How would we act and would we take care of the baby that we are carrying? People go through different extremes to get pregnant, let alone carry a baby. How is God preparing you to carry the destiny that he has called you to fulfill? Many people have to lose weight, you might have to lose some friends. Is your baby worth the loss? Other people don’t even want to get pregnant because they don’t want to lose their shape. They care what the world thinks about them and they are comfortable with their current circumstance. Then you have people who want a baby so badly that they try to adopt the destiny that God has placed into another individual’s womb. News Flash, God has enabled each and every one of us to be able to endure a spiritual pregnancy, you just nee...

Will You Marry Me?

I’m not obsessed, but I’ve been thinking about marriage a lot more lately. As a Christian, I’ve learned where I went wrong concerning my standards of dating before I knew Jesus. I have been looking at the profile pages of exes to see if, perhaps, I was missing something. I’m happy to report that I am not. I more so found myself thanking God for what He didn’t allow. Even though I’m thankful for every failed relationship, I find myself encountering the hurt that still remains as a result of my insecurities. There is so much that I have not let go of. In a way,I’m afraid to let go of the hurt that I am carrying because that vacant spot could potentially attract more pain in its place. I want to trust people, but the fear of them knowing who I intimately am always gets in my way.                 I so badly desire God and everything that He has for me, but the past is a hinderance. I feel as if I should finally forgive those that misused me, ...

Push

Growing up I heard the word of God in a general sense. God loves us. We all know that God loves us right? He hears our prayers, He is a divine being, and we should go to church every Sunday. These beliefs are pretty general. I remember sitting in church and not really being penetrated by the word. I respected God. I believed in God, but I would not allow Him to have full access to me. I saw the older people around me being what I have come to know as being “transformed”. I did not understand the word transformed because it had not happened to me. I did not know, or rather I did not pay attention to the presence of God in my life. I mean His true presence. I did not really understand the realness of God until I got saved for the first time at the age of 16. I used to feel this tugging of what I now know to be the Holy Spirit pulling on my heart during the alter call but I would never go. Well, one Sunday I went. I almost felt a holy push to get up. You need to know that God can ...

Peace Be Still

“ One day he got into a boat with his disciples,  and he said  to them,  “Let us go across to the other side of the lake.”  So they set out,   and  as they sailed he fell asleep. And a windstorm came down on the lake,  and they were filling  with water and were in danger.   And they went and woke him, saying,  “Master, Master,  we are perishing!”  And he awoke and rebuked the wind and the raging waves, and they ceased, and there was a calm.   He said to them,  “Where  is your faith?”  And they were afraid,  and they marv...

Be Still and Know

“Be still, and know that I am God”- Psalm 46:10a KJV Today as I was driving to work, anxious, knowing that I needed Jesus, I saw “In God I trust”, and “ Be still and know” on two separate cars, one after the other. I needed both things, and that is what I am clinging to. The past can make you feel as if you are in a track meet running from it. It seems faster and more advance within the race, but God says, “Be still and know that I am God.” Being still in a world full of thoughts is its own task, but the command of God is bigger than that. “Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words.”                      -John 14:23a Above anything, God’s word is the answer. It is what halts the past and brings stillness instead of constant worrying. I considered Moses today. This man, who literally ran from his past, was asked to lead others to a future that God...

The Stage is Set!!!

Your hard moments, setbacks, short comings, and tough times is what builds the “ tada ” for God to be revealed in your life. 2016 set the stage for 2017. People are watching you and trying to figure out how you are going to make it another moment. God has set the stage and you are the one that He has chosen to show His power through so that others may believe. God never left you, He prepared you. How any times did you think that you would die, but God provided a way each and every time? So many people have questioned God about the promises that He made to them. They are questioning His timing and praying that His timing will align with theirs. God is going to do everything that He said He would do, but it will be in the season that He has appointed for His word to manifest. Don’t try to move ahead of God because you are likely to get results that He did not intend for you to have. In Genesis 16, Sarah had a call on her life to be the mother of nations, but she wanted the c...