Skip to main content

God Sees the True Condition of Our Hearts



Jesus didn’t walk around trying to prove His anointing to people so why are you? So what if those people don’t believe that you are called and so what if they don’t accept the word that God has given you for their lives. That is their loss not your yours. Remember that your anointing is from the Lord and not to be used as a popularity card. Check your heart and motives before God. I had to be reminded that God sees our motives. We can get away with a lot when it comes to man, but nothing is hidden from God. God knows your heart. Lord put me in a place with you where nothing matters but the state of my heart before your eyes. Lord help me to see you and Lord help me to make you my confidence and not popularity.
We should never want to be in a place where the fame of being anointed takes precedence over God. We never want to be in a place where God stops speaking to us. We never want to be Saul. That is a miserable place to be in. We should never want to be in the place of believing that we are right with God, but the reality through His eyes is that our hearts and minds are filth before Him.
     “Create in me a clean heart, O God; and renew a right spirit within me”                                         (Psalm 51:10 KJV).
Get in a place where God is what’s most important. I’m in a place where I have to learn to communicate with God. Sometimes our human emotions and how we treat people spills over to how we treat God. Prayer is not a chore, but a treasure. If no one understands my day, God does. Stop trying so hard to please man because they are just that, a man. Man is made up of flesh and man cannot save your soul. Man cannot open a door that no one else can close and man cannot fill any void that you have in your life. Stop putting earthly treasure before your relationship with God.

What is God requiring of you in this season? Are you wasting time? Get before the Lord for the instructions as to why he has you where you are right now. Stop running from the process.
Jeremiah had to endure a lot of things because he loved God. People wanted to take his life and he was called to show those same people who God was. If the same people that Jeremiah was called to wanted to take him out, how do you think people are going to treat you? Above all else seek to honor God in every part of your life.
Make sure to focus on those private areas. Don’t neglect time with God to engage in worldly activities. Do check ins as a way to start opening up the lines of communication with God. Be ok with your progress instead of comparing what God has done for another person to what He doing is for you.
Remember that God is good all the time. He is good through your struggles, He is good when nobody likes you, and He is good when you are broke. Know that God is using your process to make you.
Lord, if I cannot be honest with anyone else I can be honest with you. Lord help me rest in the fact that I can come to you about anything and that you will help me. Lord help me to not be afraid in the midst of my process and help me to make the best decisions that I can while I am here. Help me to celebrate the victories instead of looking at the faults. Help me to communicate better with you Lord. In Jesus name.
Recommended Reading:
“And yet, O LORD, you are our Father. We are the clay, and you are the potter. We all are formed by your hand” (Isaiah 64:8 NLT).
“O house of Israel, cannot I do with you as this potter? saith the LORD. Behold, as the clay is in the potter's hand, so are ye in mine hand, O house of Israel” (Jeremiah 18:6).


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Turn Aside and See

  “And Moses said, ‘I will turn aside to see this great sight, why the bush is not burned.’ When the Lord saw that he turned aside to see, God called to him out of the bush.” (Exodus 3:3-4a)   Moses was born into both chaos and love. The chaos was Pharaoh demanding that growth be hindered by killing all the male babies, and the love was from God and his parents.   Moses was consecrated in a hiding place and then in a dangerous river. He was found by faith and given the perspective of the slave and of royalty.   Moses’ heart was never to be above, but to be at eye level with those he loved. Moses was already accepted by God, chosen, and loved. He was consecrated before he could understand purpose.   Moses, in his passion, did something that no one accepted. He killed a man when he tried to protect another one. He went on the run, broken, but not alone.   Moses didn’t cry. He adjusted. Pain was there, but so was provision and more lessons.   ...

Need Prayer?

“But I have prayed for you that your faith may not fail”   (Luke 22:32a). For a time, I didn’t ask people for prayer . I became protective of ‘my stuff,’ and I backed away from needing people because I had me-the army of one. I felt alone, misunderstood; all the things that I wanted no one to know about because  I got me . This mindset created offense and functional depression. I backed away so that no one would see it; no one knew me enough to recognize what it looked like.  “Simon, Simon, behold, Satan demanded to have you, that he might sift you like wheat” (Luke 22:32b).   What does it look like when you are being sifted? The sifting starts early in life and can be a continuous pattern if the devil feels like his tactics are working against you. I asked a friend recently, “Why am I so emotional? Did God give me these emotions?” I tend to feel deeply because I am an intercessor, but the emotions have to be stewarded properly. You have to master them by submit...

I Forgot About Grace

  “He answered me, “My grace is always more than enough for you, and my power finds its full expression through your weakness.” So, I will celebrate my weakness, for when I’m weak I sense more deeply the mighty power of Christ living in me.”   (2 Corinthians 12:9-10 TPT) Today I read a devotional, and it reminded me that I forgot about grace. I always say that God is good, but I forget to say that God is graceful. On most days I operate in an autopilot state, and I give out of an empty cup. It’s exhausting to say the least, especially when life seemingly finds a way to knock the joy out of you through hardships. God is not just good, He is graceful. He gives us the grace to stand when our emotions make us want to fall to our knees in submission to defeat. God is graceful, and He covers us when we cry ourselves to sleep in an attempt to keep the truth of our situations hidden from the world. God is graceful! I never understood  the ...

Will You Marry Me?

I’m not obsessed, but I’ve been thinking about marriage a lot more lately. As a Christian, I’ve learned where I went wrong concerning my standards of dating before I knew Jesus. I have been looking at the profile pages of exes to see if, perhaps, I was missing something. I’m happy to report that I am not. I more so found myself thanking God for what He didn’t allow. Even though I’m thankful for every failed relationship, I find myself encountering the hurt that still remains as a result of my insecurities. There is so much that I have not let go of. In a way,I’m afraid to let go of the hurt that I am carrying because that vacant spot could potentially attract more pain in its place. I want to trust people, but the fear of them knowing who I intimately am always gets in my way.                 I so badly desire God and everything that He has for me, but the past is a hinderance. I feel as if I should finally forgive those that misused me, ...

The Process of Faithing It: Trusting Jesus with Your Faith

  “Daughter, your faith has made you well. Go in peace, and be healed of your affliction” (Mark 5:34 NKJV). Can you imagine Jesus in a crowd? Everyone has a need, but His target in that moment is to go and build the faith of a little girl’s family at the request of her father because they think that she will die. The father is scared, but Jesus was on the way until He felt something. This feeling was different, but powerful. Jesus turns around looking, asking questions, but finds his answer in the form of a woman, standing and looking amazed at what just happened to her. After 13 years of anemia, tiredness, dizzy spells, soiled clothing, and impacted relationships, she is healed.  This woman with an issue of blood had spent all of her money, but decided to trust Jesus with her faith, which was all that she had left. Jesus was not too busy to stop and ask, “Who touched me?”. The disciples reminded Jesus of all the people that were around them, but this touch was different. Some...

Keep Your Lamp Filled

  “Then the kingdom of heaven shall be likened to ten virgins who took their lamps and went out to meet the bridegroom. Now five of them were wise, and five were foolish. Those who were foolish took their lamps and took no oil with them, but the wise took oil in their vessels with their lamps. But while the bridegroom was delayed, they all slumbered and slept” (Matthew 25:1–5). Everyone had the same mindset to go to the same place for the same reason. Everyone was on their way, but partial action was taken by five of the virgins. The bridegroom had the capacity to care for all ten. Everyone had a lamp, but everyone did not have oil to see Who they were waiting for. The oil was available, but five virgins did not take the initiative to get more oil. What they had was not enough for the journey they were on. Five of the virgins were wise; they did what was needed to obtain more oil. The other five virgins were foolish, thinking that what they had was enough and that getting...

Peace Be Still

“ One day he got into a boat with his disciples,  and he said  to them,  “Let us go across to the other side of the lake.”  So they set out,   and  as they sailed he fell asleep. And a windstorm came down on the lake,  and they were filling  with water and were in danger.   And they went and woke him, saying,  “Master, Master,  we are perishing!”  And he awoke and rebuked the wind and the raging waves, and they ceased, and there was a calm.   He said to them,  “Where  is your faith?”  And they were afraid,  and they marv...

Heart Inspection: Clean Your House

I remember growing up in a place that required inspections. I used to hate them because I knew that my mom and I would be up all night making sure that the house was clean. I understood that everything had to be just right before the apartment manager came in to make sure that things were how they needed to be, so I got to cleaning. I had two methods of cleaning depending on my mood. I had a lazy way of making everything appear spotless and I had a thorough way of cleaning that I learned from my father and grandmother. When I was in my lazy mood, I just stuffed everything into closets and under the bed because I knew that no one would look there. It produced great results and we passed the inspections. When I cleaned the way that I observed my father cleaning, I would make sure that everything was how it needed to be. I eventually began to dislike things under the bed and I got into the habit of cleaning out my closet. These results also produced great outcomes that I didn’t ha...

Go Back to the Beginning

  “In the beginning God created” (Genesis 1:1a). As I sat in my car, I found myself being sad. I have no reason to be sad, and I was thinking that I needed prayer to help me through that moment. I picked up my Bible, and I asked God what He had to say to me today. I recalled His beauty and His creativity, and I heard, “Go back to the beginning.”   When God created everything within 6 days, sadness was no where to be found. It was not on His agenda or in the plans that He has for us. He created light and life; even the darkness was a place of rest.   “Then God said, ‘Let there be’” (Genesis 1:3a NKJV).   “The tongue can bring death or life; those who love to talk will reap the consequences” (Proverbs 18:21 NLT).   What are you saying? What are you allowing to  be ? I didn’t call anyone on my contact list within my phone. I called God. He is speaking to me in this moment and producing light in a place that I gave a testimony on recently.   “Then God said...

Disciple, Jesus loves you!

After the resurrection of Jesus Christ, he made three appearances to His disciples. One of them was at the Sea of Galilee. Simon Peter wanted to go fishing and the other disciples said that they would join him. That night they caught nothing, but upon day break they saw a man standing on the sea shore, but had no idea that it was the Lord. (Is there a situation in your life where God is in the midst but you don’t see him?) Jesus spoke to them concerning how they should catch the fish and that day, they caught such a great number that the net could not be lifted. (Is God giving you instructions on how to succeed and are you listening?) The disciple whom Jesus loved posed an important question about the man at the sea shore. He asked if it was the lord. (Ask yourself this question, in the midst of being unsuccessful and then becoming successful, is it the Lord?) Upon hearing this, Simon Peter jumped into the water and swam to Jesus, the other disciples stayed in the boat and...