Skip to main content

Push


Growing up I heard the word of God in a general sense. God loves us. We all know that God loves us right? He hears our prayers, He is a divine being, and we should go to church every Sunday. These beliefs are pretty general.
I remember sitting in church and not really being penetrated by the word. I respected God. I believed in God, but I would not allow Him to have full access to me. I saw the older people around me being what I have come to know as being “transformed”. I did not understand the word transformed because it had not happened to me. I did not know, or rather I did not pay attention to the presence of God in my life. I mean His true presence. I did not really understand the realness of God until I got saved for the first time at the age of 16. I used to feel this tugging of what I now know to be the Holy Spirit pulling on my heart during the alter call but I would never go. Well, one Sunday I went. I almost felt a holy push to get up. You need to know that God can push you out of and through situations that you may be facing to get closer to Him. I realize now as I write this that I really can’t take credit for my own salvation. There is and was noting that I could do to make God love me. It is by grace through faith that we are saved. I’m thankful for the grace of God but I did eventually backslide a short time later. You need to know that God is married to the back sliders. He loves you. He loved me enough to watch over me despite my sin and continually invite me back in to His arms. It is us who moves away from God. God said that he would never leave nor forsake us. I forsook God because I did not understand the tactics of the enemy. I didn’t understand that my world would turn up side down the moment that I said yes to God. I was even afraid of the Holy Spirit for many years. I blamed Him for the things that I went through mentally, but I now know that I have to be transformed by the renewing of my mind and that my mind is a battle field. Child of God, don’t be afraid of the enemy. Greater is He that is in you than he that is in the world.
If you are having a hard time in your walk, know that God loves you and that he has not left you. He is near to the broken hearted. Greater is coming. Hold on to the promises of God and He will not fail you. This hard place is growth. Allow God to use you even in this.
Do you know that we go through things to help other people? All things are working together for the good of those that love Him. Please seek the Lord like never before. Your book, your business, your message is in this pain that you are going through right now. You are about to come out with something greater. Push through. You’re anointing in this thing that you facing.
You are learning how to fight. Israel also had to learn how to fight. The land was already theirs but they still had to fight for it. Each time that they listened to the Lord they came out victorious. This is not the time to stop listening to God. That thing that you are hearing that you have never heard of before is a new strategy from the Lord. He is fighting on your behalf. Stop stressing and just trust Him.
When a woman is pregnant she goes through some pain and some discomfort before the baby comes. There comes a season when the appointed time to give birth arrives and that woman has to push. What you are seeing is birthing pains that are preparing you to push out your destiny. What have you been feeding that dream that the Lord has placed on the inside of you? You need to protect your belly child of God. Things are coming at you that are trying to bump up against your gift. Watch who you allow to touch your belly while you are carrying
Surround yourself with people that love God. If you don’t know anyone that loves Him pray and ask God to send divinely appointed people into your life. If this is a season of being alone with God, cherish it. Being alone with God is such a special place to be in. There is nothing like knowing the love of God on a one to one basis. I pray that you will have a one on one relationship with the father. I pray that you feel His love for you. Yes God loves you, but there is nothing like when God targets you individually with His love. Baby boy or baby girl, He knows your name. Yes you! He knows who you are! I pray the love of God over each and every one of you. There are times when you just need to know that God loves you. I pray that the Lord will give you a hug that only He can give and I pray that you know that it is Him that is loving on you. No matter what you are facing or what things look like, you have to push through! God loves you sooooooooooooo much <3  In Jesus name.
Recommended Reading: 1 Corinthians 13 (NLT); Romans 8: 38-39; Ephesians 3

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

You are Seen

“Thereafter, Hagar used another name to refer to the LORD, who had spoken to her. She said, ‘You are the God who sees me.’ ” (Genesis 16:13) Hagar was unexpected. She was an Egyptian maid who turned into a baby mama, given to a man so that his wife could bear a son before her time of blessing had come. and she was a track star. My girl was a track star too. She got out of the house of Abram so fast when she became mistreated. Hagar never asked to be placed in the position to become a wife while still being called a maid. Her yes impacted her greatly and a ‘beef’ was the result.  Hagar knew the house rules, “We serve the big G and not the little g’s over here.” She saw Abram praying and observed him meeting with God, but then it happened. Sari commissioned her, and she was given to a man. Hager was never really asked, she was never really considered a wife and was more lik...

You are Not Lost in the Crowd. God Sees You!

Someone asked the question Why do we sing? When we lift our hands to Jesus What do we really mean ~Kirk Franklin “Why we sing?” It’s very very easy to get lost in the realm of religion or to get caught up in the hype of “church”. God has blessed so many of his people with gifts and talents that range from writing and composing, to worshiping, preaching and dancing. At my church, it seems like every one has some sort of gift and I must admit that I feel lost in the shuffle, but that brings me to point of asking myself questions such as ,“who am I going to church for?” and “whose attention am I aiming for?” Everyone wants to be noticed. We want to be praised and we want to be the favorite child, but at what cost? What are we paying to be number one in the congregation’s eyes? and do we even care if God is pleased with us right where we are? I’m the queen of being offended and I often compare myself, my progression in Christ, and my life to others. This should not be so and...

Beauty for Ashes: Release the Urn

  “ The Spirit of the Sovereign  Lord  is on me,    because the  Lord  has anointed me  to proclaim good news to the poor.   He has sent me to bind up the brokenhearted,  to proclaim freedom for the captives   and release from darkness for the prisoners,   to proclaim the year of the  Lord ’s favor ,  and the day of vengeance of our God,  to comfort all who mourn,   and provide for those who grieve in Zion ,  to bestow on them a crown of beauty     instead of ashes,   the oil of joy   instead of mourning,   and a garment of praise   instead of a spirit of despair .  They will be called oaks of righteousness,  a planting of the  Lord   for the display of his splendor. ” - Isaiah 61:1-3 NIV   A vessel of God told me to write the real story. The one that was uncut, raw, and honest. I was to write the TR...

Be Still and Know

“Be still, and know that I am God”- Psalm 46:10a KJV Today as I was driving to work, anxious, knowing that I needed Jesus, I saw “In God I trust”, and “ Be still and know” on two separate cars, one after the other. I needed both things, and that is what I am clinging to. The past can make you feel as if you are in a track meet running from it. It seems faster and more advance within the race, but God says, “Be still and know that I am God.” Being still in a world full of thoughts is its own task, but the command of God is bigger than that. “Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words.”                      -John 14:23a Above anything, God’s word is the answer. It is what halts the past and brings stillness instead of constant worrying. I considered Moses today. This man, who literally ran from his past, was asked to lead others to a future that God...

Who Are You Married To?

“Jesus said to her,  “Go, call your husband, and come here.”   The woman answered and said, “I have no husband.”   Jesus said to her,  “You have well said, ‘I have no husband,’   for you have had five husbands, and the one whom you now have is not your husband; in that you spoke truly”                         (John 4:17-18 NKJV). Over the last few days, I’ve missed someone. You may wonder why I would even start things off in this way, but this type of stuff has to be confronted because it’s how people get caught up and entangled in what God loosed them from already.  As I was thinking what I was thinking, each time I heard, “What part of toxic do you miss?” I can’t argue with the question. The situation was beyond toxic, but with this being so, what causes me to miss something that left me so shattered? The answer: the familiarity.   Being familiar with a thing will cause you to run ...

Waiting for the Promise vs. Moving in Impatience

“Then Abraham fell on his face and laughed, and said in his heart, “Shall a child be born to a man who is one hundred years old? And shall Sarah, who is ninety years old, bear a child? ” And Abraham said to God, “Oh, that Ishmael might live before You!” Then God said: “No, Sarah your wife shall bear you a son, and you shall call his name Isaac; I will establish My covenant with him for an everlasting covenant, and with his descendants after him”   ( Genesis 17: 17-19 NKJV). Isaac was desired, but Ismael was birthed out of impatience. If God told you that you were going to birth something beautiful, no matter what your season may look like, bank on the Lord’s promises. Your Ishmael does not have to be a man, your Ishmael can be an opportunity. Don’t walk into just any ole thing because you got tired of waiting on God. If God promised you something in 2016 and you didn’t see it in 2017, that does not mean that He forgot about what He promised you. Isaac had a set season and ...

The Process of Faithing It: Trusting Jesus with Your Faith

  “Daughter, your faith has made you well. Go in peace, and be healed of your affliction” (Mark 5:34 NKJV). Can you imagine Jesus in a crowd? Everyone has a need, but His target in that moment is to go and build the faith of a little girl’s family at the request of her father because they think that she will die. The father is scared, but Jesus was on the way until He felt something. This feeling was different, but powerful. Jesus turns around looking, asking questions, but finds his answer in the form of a woman, standing and looking amazed at what just happened to her. After 13 years of anemia, tiredness, dizzy spells, soiled clothing, and impacted relationships, she is healed.  This woman with an issue of blood had spent all of her money, but decided to trust Jesus with her faith, which was all that she had left. Jesus was not too busy to stop and ask, “Who touched me?”. The disciples reminded Jesus of all the people that were around them, but this touch was different. Some...

Will You Marry Me?

I’m not obsessed, but I’ve been thinking about marriage a lot more lately. As a Christian, I’ve learned where I went wrong concerning my standards of dating before I knew Jesus. I have been looking at the profile pages of exes to see if, perhaps, I was missing something. I’m happy to report that I am not. I more so found myself thanking God for what He didn’t allow. Even though I’m thankful for every failed relationship, I find myself encountering the hurt that still remains as a result of my insecurities. There is so much that I have not let go of. In a way,I’m afraid to let go of the hurt that I am carrying because that vacant spot could potentially attract more pain in its place. I want to trust people, but the fear of them knowing who I intimately am always gets in my way.                 I so badly desire God and everything that He has for me, but the past is a hinderance. I feel as if I should finally forgive those that misused me, ...

Refreshment for the Journey

You cannot tell everybody your dreams because your dreams might be bigger than their expectation of you. You will do things for God that  man did not see coming. Learn to lean on the opinions of Jesus instead of allowing yourself to become esteemed by the opinions of man. Those folks do not know you or the potential that God has placed on the inside of you. Some of you even have family members that don’t know the real you. Think of yourself as a plan that God has up His sleeve. You are unexpected, but powerful through His grace. Nobody saw Joseph coming. His own brothers did not even know who he was to God. People don’t always treat you like the One who created you. That is why you have to learn to see yourself the way that God sees you and have no bitterness in your heart toward man. Forgive those people who talk about you and use you. Joseph had to forgive his brothers because God was going to use him to protect them. People have no idea that you may be the one that God is...

Need Prayer?

“But I have prayed for you that your faith may not fail”   (Luke 22:32a). For a time, I didn’t ask people for prayer . I became protective of ‘my stuff,’ and I backed away from needing people because I had me-the army of one. I felt alone, misunderstood; all the things that I wanted no one to know about because  I got me . This mindset created offense and functional depression. I backed away so that no one would see it; no one knew me enough to recognize what it looked like.  “Simon, Simon, behold, Satan demanded to have you, that he might sift you like wheat” (Luke 22:32b).   What does it look like when you are being sifted? The sifting starts early in life and can be a continuous pattern if the devil feels like his tactics are working against you. I asked a friend recently, “Why am I so emotional? Did God give me these emotions?” I tend to feel deeply because I am an intercessor, but the emotions have to be stewarded properly. You have to master them by submit...