Skip to main content

Lay at His feet


Every time I see a woman after God’s own heart walking in her anointing, I am reminded that it’s not about the husband, the accolades, or the rewards. It is the journey that will make you. All you have to do is stay in His presence. It is the journey that will inspire people, not your stuff.
My bishop posted a question in his devotional that asked “what do you want to be when you grow up?” That answer for me is that I want to be a woman that is found in God's presence, I want to be a woman walking in her God given assignment, and I want to be a woman after God’s own heart. I have to actually be reminded that life is not about stuff. I look at people and I measure myself and my success to them but God has a different journey for me.
Life is about the journey. What have you learned? Are you teachable? Don’t you see the testimonies and the revelations that are being given to you at each phase of your process? Don’t miss it. Don’t miss the hand prints of God all over your life just because you are not where you think you should be. The truth is that God is growing you right where you are. You have to be able to open your eyes and see him despite the mess that you may be facing.
The truth is that I am an emotional woman. I actually prayed yesterday that God would guard my feelings. I have never prayed that prayer before and I did not know that I would need it as much as I did. In order to be a woman after God’s own heart I can’t respond to people in any old way when I am upset. I have a tendency to want to behave in a less than God like manner when I am operating in my feelings. I have a tendency to want to treat people how they have treated me but I have to know how to pray for those that have hurt and mistreated me. I am challenged to.
God is making you. Every heart ache, every time your feelings where hurt, every time someone has talked about you is making you in Him. You can’t grow without busting out of your flesh. It’s like when cloths get too little and you can’t fit them anymore. You’re busting out of that old man. The process is uncomfortable and to be honest sometimes I want to stay the same size because I know that more will be required of me as I grow. The things that used to get me by will no longer satisfy me because I am no longer in that place.
Have you submitted to who God has called you to be? Are you willing to grow past where you are now? That growth takes work and it can be uncomfortable.
I pray that God opens our eyes to see our progress. In times of growth, testing, and trails, it can be hard to see our progress. When you are in Christ, He will not leave you in the same state that He found you in.
Woman, you are called to live. I am thankful that God has a habit of fixing broken women. He gives us beauty for our ashes and tells us that we are fearfully and wonderfully made. We are whole in Him.
Woman do you know that God will never leave you empty, thirsty, or unsatisfied. You will not encounter God and not be changed. Lay at the Lord’s feet and you will receive everything that you need <3
Today I feel as if God is calling me and so many other women to put our life, our troubles, our worries, and our selves to the side and lay at His feet. I honesty was not thinking about this topic when I begin to write today, but I feel as if this is what the Holy Ghost wanted to talk about. Everything that we need is found in His presence if we would just spend time with Him. I am guilty of talking more than listening.

Lord I pray that we forget about our selves and lay at your feet. You know what each of us needs individually. Lord judge our hearts. If there is anything in us that is hindering us from you, show it to us and remove it. Lord make us women who seek your face above all else. Some of us have to give some things up in order to grow closer to God. We put our lives and our interests before God but yet we are hurting and looking for answers from Him. I am guilty of not being yielded. Lord I pray that we understand that life is not just about pleasures. God wants to use us. He has great need of us. There are so many talents and anointing’s  that are untapped into because we are not yielded. Lord help us to live a life that desires you more than the pleasures of the world. There is more than one type of sin. It does not have to be sex or drinking. We can sin in our thoughts, we can sin by eating too much or being wasteful. Lord slay the idols in our lives. Allow us to live a life holy and acceptable to you. Lord help us to not go back to old habits, friendships or boy friends. How long will you mourn for what God has rejected. Lord help us to be focused on and in you, In Jesus name.
Recommended Reading:  Ezekiel 16:6-14; Ruth3; Luke 7:36-50; Luke 10:38-42

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

You are Seen

“Thereafter, Hagar used another name to refer to the LORD, who had spoken to her. She said, ‘You are the God who sees me.’ ” (Genesis 16:13) Hagar was unexpected. She was an Egyptian maid who turned into a baby mama, given to a man so that his wife could bear a son before her time of blessing had come. and she was a track star. My girl was a track star too. She got out of the house of Abram so fast when she became mistreated. Hagar never asked to be placed in the position to become a wife while still being called a maid. Her yes impacted her greatly and a ‘beef’ was the result.  Hagar knew the house rules, “We serve the big G and not the little g’s over here.” She saw Abram praying and observed him meeting with God, but then it happened. Sari commissioned her, and she was given to a man. Hager was never really asked, she was never really considered a wife and was more lik...

You are Not Lost in the Crowd. God Sees You!

Someone asked the question Why do we sing? When we lift our hands to Jesus What do we really mean ~Kirk Franklin “Why we sing?” It’s very very easy to get lost in the realm of religion or to get caught up in the hype of “church”. God has blessed so many of his people with gifts and talents that range from writing and composing, to worshiping, preaching and dancing. At my church, it seems like every one has some sort of gift and I must admit that I feel lost in the shuffle, but that brings me to point of asking myself questions such as ,“who am I going to church for?” and “whose attention am I aiming for?” Everyone wants to be noticed. We want to be praised and we want to be the favorite child, but at what cost? What are we paying to be number one in the congregation’s eyes? and do we even care if God is pleased with us right where we are? I’m the queen of being offended and I often compare myself, my progression in Christ, and my life to others. This should not be so and...

Beauty for Ashes: Release the Urn

  “ The Spirit of the Sovereign  Lord  is on me,    because the  Lord  has anointed me  to proclaim good news to the poor.   He has sent me to bind up the brokenhearted,  to proclaim freedom for the captives   and release from darkness for the prisoners,   to proclaim the year of the  Lord ’s favor ,  and the day of vengeance of our God,  to comfort all who mourn,   and provide for those who grieve in Zion ,  to bestow on them a crown of beauty     instead of ashes,   the oil of joy   instead of mourning,   and a garment of praise   instead of a spirit of despair .  They will be called oaks of righteousness,  a planting of the  Lord   for the display of his splendor. ” - Isaiah 61:1-3 NIV   A vessel of God told me to write the real story. The one that was uncut, raw, and honest. I was to write the TR...

Be Still and Know

“Be still, and know that I am God”- Psalm 46:10a KJV Today as I was driving to work, anxious, knowing that I needed Jesus, I saw “In God I trust”, and “ Be still and know” on two separate cars, one after the other. I needed both things, and that is what I am clinging to. The past can make you feel as if you are in a track meet running from it. It seems faster and more advance within the race, but God says, “Be still and know that I am God.” Being still in a world full of thoughts is its own task, but the command of God is bigger than that. “Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words.”                      -John 14:23a Above anything, God’s word is the answer. It is what halts the past and brings stillness instead of constant worrying. I considered Moses today. This man, who literally ran from his past, was asked to lead others to a future that God...

Who Are You Married To?

“Jesus said to her,  “Go, call your husband, and come here.”   The woman answered and said, “I have no husband.”   Jesus said to her,  “You have well said, ‘I have no husband,’   for you have had five husbands, and the one whom you now have is not your husband; in that you spoke truly”                         (John 4:17-18 NKJV). Over the last few days, I’ve missed someone. You may wonder why I would even start things off in this way, but this type of stuff has to be confronted because it’s how people get caught up and entangled in what God loosed them from already.  As I was thinking what I was thinking, each time I heard, “What part of toxic do you miss?” I can’t argue with the question. The situation was beyond toxic, but with this being so, what causes me to miss something that left me so shattered? The answer: the familiarity.   Being familiar with a thing will cause you to run ...

The Process of Faithing It: Trusting Jesus with Your Faith

  “Daughter, your faith has made you well. Go in peace, and be healed of your affliction” (Mark 5:34 NKJV). Can you imagine Jesus in a crowd? Everyone has a need, but His target in that moment is to go and build the faith of a little girl’s family at the request of her father because they think that she will die. The father is scared, but Jesus was on the way until He felt something. This feeling was different, but powerful. Jesus turns around looking, asking questions, but finds his answer in the form of a woman, standing and looking amazed at what just happened to her. After 13 years of anemia, tiredness, dizzy spells, soiled clothing, and impacted relationships, she is healed.  This woman with an issue of blood had spent all of her money, but decided to trust Jesus with her faith, which was all that she had left. Jesus was not too busy to stop and ask, “Who touched me?”. The disciples reminded Jesus of all the people that were around them, but this touch was different. Some...

Waiting for the Promise vs. Moving in Impatience

“Then Abraham fell on his face and laughed, and said in his heart, “Shall a child be born to a man who is one hundred years old? And shall Sarah, who is ninety years old, bear a child? ” And Abraham said to God, “Oh, that Ishmael might live before You!” Then God said: “No, Sarah your wife shall bear you a son, and you shall call his name Isaac; I will establish My covenant with him for an everlasting covenant, and with his descendants after him”   ( Genesis 17: 17-19 NKJV). Isaac was desired, but Ismael was birthed out of impatience. If God told you that you were going to birth something beautiful, no matter what your season may look like, bank on the Lord’s promises. Your Ishmael does not have to be a man, your Ishmael can be an opportunity. Don’t walk into just any ole thing because you got tired of waiting on God. If God promised you something in 2016 and you didn’t see it in 2017, that does not mean that He forgot about what He promised you. Isaac had a set season and ...

Will You Marry Me?

I’m not obsessed, but I’ve been thinking about marriage a lot more lately. As a Christian, I’ve learned where I went wrong concerning my standards of dating before I knew Jesus. I have been looking at the profile pages of exes to see if, perhaps, I was missing something. I’m happy to report that I am not. I more so found myself thanking God for what He didn’t allow. Even though I’m thankful for every failed relationship, I find myself encountering the hurt that still remains as a result of my insecurities. There is so much that I have not let go of. In a way,I’m afraid to let go of the hurt that I am carrying because that vacant spot could potentially attract more pain in its place. I want to trust people, but the fear of them knowing who I intimately am always gets in my way.                 I so badly desire God and everything that He has for me, but the past is a hinderance. I feel as if I should finally forgive those that misused me, ...

Refreshment for the Journey

You cannot tell everybody your dreams because your dreams might be bigger than their expectation of you. You will do things for God that  man did not see coming. Learn to lean on the opinions of Jesus instead of allowing yourself to become esteemed by the opinions of man. Those folks do not know you or the potential that God has placed on the inside of you. Some of you even have family members that don’t know the real you. Think of yourself as a plan that God has up His sleeve. You are unexpected, but powerful through His grace. Nobody saw Joseph coming. His own brothers did not even know who he was to God. People don’t always treat you like the One who created you. That is why you have to learn to see yourself the way that God sees you and have no bitterness in your heart toward man. Forgive those people who talk about you and use you. Joseph had to forgive his brothers because God was going to use him to protect them. People have no idea that you may be the one that God is...

The Importance of Knowing How to Pray

No matter what mental state you are in, where you are in life, or who you have around you, prayer will always be the heartbeat of your survival. You need to know how to pray during both the mountain top experiences and the valley experiences. If no one ever taught me anything, I learned how to express myself to God through prayer. Prayer isn’t always about asking God for things, but you can actually sit with Him and tell Him how you feel. There have been moments in my life where I felt like the Lord was the only one that I could talk to about what was going on in my life. You have to get into a place where you begin to communicate with God as you would with anyone else. There are times when I speak out loud to God because I know that He is around me. God’s presence is peace, it changes the atmosphere, and it will shift your entire mood. Once you’ve talked to the Father, you know that everything will be ok just because He is around you. I pray that for anyone that needs it. I p...