Skip to main content

When Pain is Your SpringBoard


“The LORD is close to the brokenhearted, He rescues those whose spirits are crushed”(Psalm 34:18 NLT).

I recently called my father to tell him that I loved him, and he didn’t say it back. I felt led to call him and choose to not take his response personally, although I wanted to. I deserved to; but God is doing a work in me concerning this area. I try to make things pretty, but hurt is never pretty and forgiveness is rarely easy. I’m challenged to forgive and to not be offended, even when I deserve to be. People do things that I don’t like, but because I want all that God has, I have to be intentional about dealing with both my heart and my hurt.

It may seem crazy, but the best thing that anyone can do for you is to count you out and hurt you. Hurt can either damage you or it can create a passion in you that God can use for His glory.
I am the definition of a foolish thing that God has chosen to use. All that He requires from me is that I submit to Him, even when I don’t understand. A lot of times, I drag my feet due to being uncomfortable, but I’m a foolish thing and I submit to being just that, because I know that I can trust the One whose hand I am in.

David was a foolish thing also. He was picked last. As a matter of fact, I believe that no-one would have called Him if Samuel was not a true man of God who knew how to follow directions. Sometimes, we tend to go with what we want or think in our flesh, instead of following God’s lead, but we’ll save that for a different blog.
In 1 Samuel 16, Sauls looks at all of these “kings”, but none of them were God’s chosen. God choose a foolish thing instead of another people’s champ (Saul was a man for the people and not a man of God).

Hurt stings, but it will launch you if you give that hurt to God. Your hurt can be used to heal others if you submit to the process of healing. Your hurt, in God’s hands, is a divine vaccine that He can use over and over again. Your pain is the base and God’s word is the active agent that will make your process worth it. When chemist make a vaccine, they take the dangerous ingredient and combine it with other properties that can be used to fight the very ingredient that it is composed of. When you give the hurt that you feel to God, He combines it with His power and He uses it to heal other people.

The truth hurts, as a matter of fact, it stings; but at some point, you have to decide to run toward your healing and trust God with the heart of those who may be offended by your healing. Be a tool that God can use no matter who is offended by what you say or do, in a Godly manner.

Some of us have testimonies that will hurt other people’s feelings because they didn’t know that their influence ( or lack of influence) caused  you so much pain, but God will bless you for being honest with Him and with yourself. Don’t drink it away. Don’t smoke it away. Stop self medicating. Give  your truth to God and watch what He does with it.

Lord, I thank you that no matter what I write from this day forward or what I reveal, it is a safe place in you. You know what I deal with and you know how I deal with it. You know my past and the pain that I have experienced. I give it to you now, in Jesus name. I submit to this process and I trust you even when I didn’t understand. I pray for more of your peace and I thank you for the peace that you have already provided for me. You are enough, and I am enough in you. In Jesus name I pray, Amen.

Recommended Reading: Psalm 34 NLT
“But God has chosen the foolish things of the world to put to shame the wise, and God has chosen the weak things of the world to put to shame the things which are mighty” (1 Corinthians 1:27 NKJV).

*Today I proclaim that the hurt that you have felt will be used to give the devil a black eye! You will use what the devil has called an “injury” and you will bless people because of the healing power of Jesus! You are a warrior not a victim! I dare you to trust God! You will recover all that you have lost emotionally, mentally, physically, financially, and spiritually in Jesus name.

*SpringBoard-a flexible board, projecting over water, from which divers leap or spring; a flexible board used as a takeoff in vaulting, tumbling, etc., to increase the height of leaps;
something that supplies the impetus or conditions for a beginning, change, or progress; a point of departure:

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

You are Seen

“Thereafter, Hagar used another name to refer to the LORD, who had spoken to her. She said, ‘You are the God who sees me.’ ” (Genesis 16:13) Hagar was unexpected. She was an Egyptian maid who turned into a baby mama, given to a man so that his wife could bear a son before her time of blessing had come. and she was a track star. My girl was a track star too. She got out of the house of Abram so fast when she became mistreated. Hagar never asked to be placed in the position to become a wife while still being called a maid. Her yes impacted her greatly and a ‘beef’ was the result.  Hagar knew the house rules, “We serve the big G and not the little g’s over here.” She saw Abram praying and observed him meeting with God, but then it happened. Sari commissioned her, and she was given to a man. Hager was never really asked, she was never really considered a wife and was more lik...

Beauty for Ashes: Release the Urn

  “ The Spirit of the Sovereign  Lord  is on me,    because the  Lord  has anointed me  to proclaim good news to the poor.   He has sent me to bind up the brokenhearted,  to proclaim freedom for the captives   and release from darkness for the prisoners,   to proclaim the year of the  Lord ’s favor ,  and the day of vengeance of our God,  to comfort all who mourn,   and provide for those who grieve in Zion ,  to bestow on them a crown of beauty     instead of ashes,   the oil of joy   instead of mourning,   and a garment of praise   instead of a spirit of despair .  They will be called oaks of righteousness,  a planting of the  Lord   for the display of his splendor. ” - Isaiah 61:1-3 NIV   A vessel of God told me to write the real story. The one that was uncut, raw, and honest. I was to write the TR...

You are Not Lost in the Crowd. God Sees You!

Someone asked the question Why do we sing? When we lift our hands to Jesus What do we really mean ~Kirk Franklin “Why we sing?” It’s very very easy to get lost in the realm of religion or to get caught up in the hype of “church”. God has blessed so many of his people with gifts and talents that range from writing and composing, to worshiping, preaching and dancing. At my church, it seems like every one has some sort of gift and I must admit that I feel lost in the shuffle, but that brings me to point of asking myself questions such as ,“who am I going to church for?” and “whose attention am I aiming for?” Everyone wants to be noticed. We want to be praised and we want to be the favorite child, but at what cost? What are we paying to be number one in the congregation’s eyes? and do we even care if God is pleased with us right where we are? I’m the queen of being offended and I often compare myself, my progression in Christ, and my life to others. This should not be so and...

Who Are You Married To?

“Jesus said to her,  “Go, call your husband, and come here.”   The woman answered and said, “I have no husband.”   Jesus said to her,  “You have well said, ‘I have no husband,’   for you have had five husbands, and the one whom you now have is not your husband; in that you spoke truly”                         (John 4:17-18 NKJV). Over the last few days, I’ve missed someone. You may wonder why I would even start things off in this way, but this type of stuff has to be confronted because it’s how people get caught up and entangled in what God loosed them from already.  As I was thinking what I was thinking, each time I heard, “What part of toxic do you miss?” I can’t argue with the question. The situation was beyond toxic, but with this being so, what causes me to miss something that left me so shattered? The answer: the familiarity.   Being familiar with a thing will cause you to run ...

Be Still and Know

“Be still, and know that I am God”- Psalm 46:10a KJV Today as I was driving to work, anxious, knowing that I needed Jesus, I saw “In God I trust”, and “ Be still and know” on two separate cars, one after the other. I needed both things, and that is what I am clinging to. The past can make you feel as if you are in a track meet running from it. It seems faster and more advance within the race, but God says, “Be still and know that I am God.” Being still in a world full of thoughts is its own task, but the command of God is bigger than that. “Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words.”                      -John 14:23a Above anything, God’s word is the answer. It is what halts the past and brings stillness instead of constant worrying. I considered Moses today. This man, who literally ran from his past, was asked to lead others to a future that God...

The Process of Faithing It: Trusting Jesus with Your Faith

  “Daughter, your faith has made you well. Go in peace, and be healed of your affliction” (Mark 5:34 NKJV). Can you imagine Jesus in a crowd? Everyone has a need, but His target in that moment is to go and build the faith of a little girl’s family at the request of her father because they think that she will die. The father is scared, but Jesus was on the way until He felt something. This feeling was different, but powerful. Jesus turns around looking, asking questions, but finds his answer in the form of a woman, standing and looking amazed at what just happened to her. After 13 years of anemia, tiredness, dizzy spells, soiled clothing, and impacted relationships, she is healed.  This woman with an issue of blood had spent all of her money, but decided to trust Jesus with her faith, which was all that she had left. Jesus was not too busy to stop and ask, “Who touched me?”. The disciples reminded Jesus of all the people that were around them, but this touch was different. Some...

Waiting for the Promise vs. Moving in Impatience

“Then Abraham fell on his face and laughed, and said in his heart, “Shall a child be born to a man who is one hundred years old? And shall Sarah, who is ninety years old, bear a child? ” And Abraham said to God, “Oh, that Ishmael might live before You!” Then God said: “No, Sarah your wife shall bear you a son, and you shall call his name Isaac; I will establish My covenant with him for an everlasting covenant, and with his descendants after him”   ( Genesis 17: 17-19 NKJV). Isaac was desired, but Ismael was birthed out of impatience. If God told you that you were going to birth something beautiful, no matter what your season may look like, bank on the Lord’s promises. Your Ishmael does not have to be a man, your Ishmael can be an opportunity. Don’t walk into just any ole thing because you got tired of waiting on God. If God promised you something in 2016 and you didn’t see it in 2017, that does not mean that He forgot about what He promised you. Isaac had a set season and ...

Refreshment for the Journey

You cannot tell everybody your dreams because your dreams might be bigger than their expectation of you. You will do things for God that  man did not see coming. Learn to lean on the opinions of Jesus instead of allowing yourself to become esteemed by the opinions of man. Those folks do not know you or the potential that God has placed on the inside of you. Some of you even have family members that don’t know the real you. Think of yourself as a plan that God has up His sleeve. You are unexpected, but powerful through His grace. Nobody saw Joseph coming. His own brothers did not even know who he was to God. People don’t always treat you like the One who created you. That is why you have to learn to see yourself the way that God sees you and have no bitterness in your heart toward man. Forgive those people who talk about you and use you. Joseph had to forgive his brothers because God was going to use him to protect them. People have no idea that you may be the one that God is...

Gut Check of the Heart

“But [like a boxer] I strictly discipline my body and make it my slave, so that, after I have preached [the gospel] to others, I myself will not somehow be disqualified [as unfit for service]” (1 Corinthians 9:27 AMP). If you need to be told that you did a good job, “You did a good job. You gave, and you submitted to man. You showed up and did what they asked. Good job.” “But I have this [charge] against you, that you have left your first love [you have lost the depth of love that you first had for Me]” (Revelation 2:4 AMP). Gut Check:  Don’t love the applause of men more than you love God.  Why do you show up?  What do you gain from that, and what happens when the way that they applaud  you does not meet your need of this kind of fulfillment?   Beat your body into submission to God. Serve Him well. Become an early riser and seek the Father to release the strategy for the day to you. Sit in His presence and bask in His love. Thank Him for what He has a...

Will You Marry Me?

I’m not obsessed, but I’ve been thinking about marriage a lot more lately. As a Christian, I’ve learned where I went wrong concerning my standards of dating before I knew Jesus. I have been looking at the profile pages of exes to see if, perhaps, I was missing something. I’m happy to report that I am not. I more so found myself thanking God for what He didn’t allow. Even though I’m thankful for every failed relationship, I find myself encountering the hurt that still remains as a result of my insecurities. There is so much that I have not let go of. In a way,I’m afraid to let go of the hurt that I am carrying because that vacant spot could potentially attract more pain in its place. I want to trust people, but the fear of them knowing who I intimately am always gets in my way.                 I so badly desire God and everything that He has for me, but the past is a hinderance. I feel as if I should finally forgive those that misused me, ...