Skip to main content

Is Your Faith Unemployed or Is It Actively Working?


“Once after a sacrificial meal at Shiloh, Hannah got up and went to pray. Eli the priest was sitting at his customary place beside the entrance of the Tabernacle. Hannah was in deep anguish, crying bitterly as she prayed to the Lord” (1 Samuel 1:9-10 NLT).

Have you ever been in a place where you were sick and tired of being sick and tired? Hannah has. That was the very place that she was in when she cried out to the Lord on one of her yearly visits with her family to the temple. Hannah got to a place where cute prayers were no longer getting it for her. The cute cries were not getting her what she longed for and the glare of people no longer affected her. Hannah needed the Lord and she needed Him immediately. Hannah had a purpose in her that no one could bring forth but the Lord and she understood that. Many of us have a longing, but we are either afraid of it, we ignore it, or we attempt to accomplish it on our own. We don’t consider the Lord or think about the fact that perhaps it is Him that is calling us to a greater purpose and a higher standard to accomplish the goals that He has set for us.  Hannah had to put her faith in action.  She had to pray as if her life depended on it. Hannah had to submit her mind, her will, her thoughts, her biological time clock, her desires, and her heart to God in that very moment; and because of her faith God answered her.
Hannah was under pressure. It was not the pressure to get bills paid or the pressure to be a better wife. Hannah was under pressure by her purpose. She had other people’s lives attached to her call and it was time for her to get moving. Weather Hannah knew it or not, she was called to be an intricate part of God’s plan for Israel. Hannah was at a place in her life where she was not only pressured to fulfill a desire. She was under pressure to fulfill her destiny.
The pressure that you feel is because of your purpose. It is time for you to birth something. Hannah felt the pressure of her purpose knocking at the door. She could no longer do things the way that she did them before. She could no longer sit around and mope. God was calling Hannah to action.
God is calling many of us to action. He wants us to do something with our faith and with the other things that we are believing Him for. We have to move! It is now uncomfortable to be content with mediocre and stagnation. We have to birth what we have been placed on the earth to birth for such a time as this.
I once heard Bishop Td Jakes say “It is not your turn. It’s your time”. It was Hannah’s time for God to release something mighty to her that would be pivotal to the time that she lived in, but she had to get aligned first. I believe that Hannah was saved. I know she prayed, but her motives and her heart were not in position to be blessed. God sees the inner workings of our heart. He knows what we think, how we feel, and why we do things. To be honest, He is not always pleased. We find comfort in saying that “God knows my heart”, but sometimes that is our problem. God knows our heart. He knows that we want more of Him, but we are not aligning everything in our lives to get it.
Lord deal with me. Deal with the inner workings of my life and sift through the private things. I pray for a cry that will reach your ears. Hannah had a cry that you heard. The silent sound that she made at the alter on that particular day was not like all the others. Something in her groaned for purpose. She understood that she needed you to be in the midst of her desires and she was willing to change her heart and her mindset in order to receive you. I believe Hannah’s life changed when she cried a cry of surrenderance. She surrendered her motives to you. Lord help me to be like Hannah. Help me to surrender my motives, my heart, my will, and my desires to you. I pray to do what you have called me to do, how you have called me to do it. I pray to go through whatever it takes to get to you. I pray for a made-up mind to surrender all. In Jesus name, amen.
Releasing everything to God is an open door for blessings to flow through. Hannah was blessed when she released her will and her son to God. She was blessed with other children when she didn’t try to hold the one child hostage. We can’t hold our will and our purpose hostage. We have to give it back to God. We can’t believe that we can fulfill the groanings of our hearts on our own. The groaning will birth a purpose that will achieve more than we ever imagined it would, but we must give it to God.
God raised Hannah’s purpose. He didn’t need her help to accomplish what He wanted to do with Samuel, He needed her surrenderance. Samuel was used mightily of the Lord. Moses was used mightily for the Lord. Moses’s mom had to trust God to take care of what He had given her even when she couldn’t see it.
Trust God with what you can’t see. He his faithful to perform a thing and cause it to come to pass.
Recommended Reading: 1 Samuel 1:9-18, James 2:14-25, Proverbs 3:5-6, Hebrews 11:1, Hebrews 11:6


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

You are Seen

“Thereafter, Hagar used another name to refer to the LORD, who had spoken to her. She said, ‘You are the God who sees me.’ ” (Genesis 16:13) Hagar was unexpected. She was an Egyptian maid who turned into a baby mama, given to a man so that his wife could bear a son before her time of blessing had come. and she was a track star. My girl was a track star too. She got out of the house of Abram so fast when she became mistreated. Hagar never asked to be placed in the position to become a wife while still being called a maid. Her yes impacted her greatly and a ‘beef’ was the result.  Hagar knew the house rules, “We serve the big G and not the little g’s over here.” She saw Abram praying and observed him meeting with God, but then it happened. Sari commissioned her, and she was given to a man. Hager was never really asked, she was never really considered a wife and was more lik...

You are Not Lost in the Crowd. God Sees You!

Someone asked the question Why do we sing? When we lift our hands to Jesus What do we really mean ~Kirk Franklin “Why we sing?” It’s very very easy to get lost in the realm of religion or to get caught up in the hype of “church”. God has blessed so many of his people with gifts and talents that range from writing and composing, to worshiping, preaching and dancing. At my church, it seems like every one has some sort of gift and I must admit that I feel lost in the shuffle, but that brings me to point of asking myself questions such as ,“who am I going to church for?” and “whose attention am I aiming for?” Everyone wants to be noticed. We want to be praised and we want to be the favorite child, but at what cost? What are we paying to be number one in the congregation’s eyes? and do we even care if God is pleased with us right where we are? I’m the queen of being offended and I often compare myself, my progression in Christ, and my life to others. This should not be so and...

Beauty for Ashes: Release the Urn

  “ The Spirit of the Sovereign  Lord  is on me,    because the  Lord  has anointed me  to proclaim good news to the poor.   He has sent me to bind up the brokenhearted,  to proclaim freedom for the captives   and release from darkness for the prisoners,   to proclaim the year of the  Lord ’s favor ,  and the day of vengeance of our God,  to comfort all who mourn,   and provide for those who grieve in Zion ,  to bestow on them a crown of beauty     instead of ashes,   the oil of joy   instead of mourning,   and a garment of praise   instead of a spirit of despair .  They will be called oaks of righteousness,  a planting of the  Lord   for the display of his splendor. ” - Isaiah 61:1-3 NIV   A vessel of God told me to write the real story. The one that was uncut, raw, and honest. I was to write the TR...

Be Still and Know

“Be still, and know that I am God”- Psalm 46:10a KJV Today as I was driving to work, anxious, knowing that I needed Jesus, I saw “In God I trust”, and “ Be still and know” on two separate cars, one after the other. I needed both things, and that is what I am clinging to. The past can make you feel as if you are in a track meet running from it. It seems faster and more advance within the race, but God says, “Be still and know that I am God.” Being still in a world full of thoughts is its own task, but the command of God is bigger than that. “Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words.”                      -John 14:23a Above anything, God’s word is the answer. It is what halts the past and brings stillness instead of constant worrying. I considered Moses today. This man, who literally ran from his past, was asked to lead others to a future that God...

Who Are You Married To?

“Jesus said to her,  “Go, call your husband, and come here.”   The woman answered and said, “I have no husband.”   Jesus said to her,  “You have well said, ‘I have no husband,’   for you have had five husbands, and the one whom you now have is not your husband; in that you spoke truly”                         (John 4:17-18 NKJV). Over the last few days, I’ve missed someone. You may wonder why I would even start things off in this way, but this type of stuff has to be confronted because it’s how people get caught up and entangled in what God loosed them from already.  As I was thinking what I was thinking, each time I heard, “What part of toxic do you miss?” I can’t argue with the question. The situation was beyond toxic, but with this being so, what causes me to miss something that left me so shattered? The answer: the familiarity.   Being familiar with a thing will cause you to run ...

Waiting for the Promise vs. Moving in Impatience

“Then Abraham fell on his face and laughed, and said in his heart, “Shall a child be born to a man who is one hundred years old? And shall Sarah, who is ninety years old, bear a child? ” And Abraham said to God, “Oh, that Ishmael might live before You!” Then God said: “No, Sarah your wife shall bear you a son, and you shall call his name Isaac; I will establish My covenant with him for an everlasting covenant, and with his descendants after him”   ( Genesis 17: 17-19 NKJV). Isaac was desired, but Ismael was birthed out of impatience. If God told you that you were going to birth something beautiful, no matter what your season may look like, bank on the Lord’s promises. Your Ishmael does not have to be a man, your Ishmael can be an opportunity. Don’t walk into just any ole thing because you got tired of waiting on God. If God promised you something in 2016 and you didn’t see it in 2017, that does not mean that He forgot about what He promised you. Isaac had a set season and ...

The Process of Faithing It: Trusting Jesus with Your Faith

  “Daughter, your faith has made you well. Go in peace, and be healed of your affliction” (Mark 5:34 NKJV). Can you imagine Jesus in a crowd? Everyone has a need, but His target in that moment is to go and build the faith of a little girl’s family at the request of her father because they think that she will die. The father is scared, but Jesus was on the way until He felt something. This feeling was different, but powerful. Jesus turns around looking, asking questions, but finds his answer in the form of a woman, standing and looking amazed at what just happened to her. After 13 years of anemia, tiredness, dizzy spells, soiled clothing, and impacted relationships, she is healed.  This woman with an issue of blood had spent all of her money, but decided to trust Jesus with her faith, which was all that she had left. Jesus was not too busy to stop and ask, “Who touched me?”. The disciples reminded Jesus of all the people that were around them, but this touch was different. Some...

Will You Marry Me?

I’m not obsessed, but I’ve been thinking about marriage a lot more lately. As a Christian, I’ve learned where I went wrong concerning my standards of dating before I knew Jesus. I have been looking at the profile pages of exes to see if, perhaps, I was missing something. I’m happy to report that I am not. I more so found myself thanking God for what He didn’t allow. Even though I’m thankful for every failed relationship, I find myself encountering the hurt that still remains as a result of my insecurities. There is so much that I have not let go of. In a way,I’m afraid to let go of the hurt that I am carrying because that vacant spot could potentially attract more pain in its place. I want to trust people, but the fear of them knowing who I intimately am always gets in my way.                 I so badly desire God and everything that He has for me, but the past is a hinderance. I feel as if I should finally forgive those that misused me, ...

The Stage is Set!!!

Your hard moments, setbacks, short comings, and tough times is what builds the “ tada ” for God to be revealed in your life. 2016 set the stage for 2017. People are watching you and trying to figure out how you are going to make it another moment. God has set the stage and you are the one that He has chosen to show His power through so that others may believe. God never left you, He prepared you. How any times did you think that you would die, but God provided a way each and every time? So many people have questioned God about the promises that He made to them. They are questioning His timing and praying that His timing will align with theirs. God is going to do everything that He said He would do, but it will be in the season that He has appointed for His word to manifest. Don’t try to move ahead of God because you are likely to get results that He did not intend for you to have. In Genesis 16, Sarah had a call on her life to be the mother of nations, but she wanted the c...

The Importance of Knowing How to Pray

No matter what mental state you are in, where you are in life, or who you have around you, prayer will always be the heartbeat of your survival. You need to know how to pray during both the mountain top experiences and the valley experiences. If no one ever taught me anything, I learned how to express myself to God through prayer. Prayer isn’t always about asking God for things, but you can actually sit with Him and tell Him how you feel. There have been moments in my life where I felt like the Lord was the only one that I could talk to about what was going on in my life. You have to get into a place where you begin to communicate with God as you would with anyone else. There are times when I speak out loud to God because I know that He is around me. God’s presence is peace, it changes the atmosphere, and it will shift your entire mood. Once you’ve talked to the Father, you know that everything will be ok just because He is around you. I pray that for anyone that needs it. I p...