Skip to main content

Your Baby is Crowing, So Push!


Many people want a baby. Babies are cute and huggable, but before the manifestation of the baby can come, there is a process that has to be completed. People make saying yes look easy. The journey that they have to take because of that yes is usually a little harder though. 
It’s easy to look at cute pregnant women and want what they have. If they are married, we think in our minds that we want to get married too. We want the wedding, we want the attachments like the kids and the great house, but we don’t think about that cute woman’s responsibilities.
When we look at people in the body of Christ, some of them look like they have it all together. They look free and their prayers are beautiful, but we never think about their process. We don’t consider the babies that they have lost along the way and we don’t consider the pain that they had to go through to birth the beautiful baby that we see them carrying around (purpose, freedom).
The birthing process is not that pretty. If you think about it, your baby either has to be cut out or that baby has to be pushed out. Some women are g’s and they go the natural birth rout, but there are other women who need an epidural to make the process more bearable (every mom is a “g”!). In life, on this journey in Christ, we have to say no to the epidurals. We can’t numb the pain of our birthing process because we may miss some lessons that are vital to us and to those that we are sent to.
Hannah is so beautiful to me. Some people may have believed that she had it all. She had a husband and she was his favorite, but she also had a sister wife who had the one thing that she did not have; children.  Hannah’s sister wife did not have the call that she had on her life, but yet Hannah still compared her process to this woman’s because all she could see was what she didn’t have.
Hannah had to get aligned before she could get pregnant. Hannah had to know that her husband was not the source of her strength or her ability to get pregnant. Hannah had to stop looking at the opposition and make the choice to look at her God instead.
One thing that I admire about Hannah is her prayer life. She prayed so beautifully and powerfully to the Lord. He literally heard her cry, but that cry came from brokenness and had a purpose attached to it. The prayer that Hannah prayed in the temple that day was not her normal everyday prayer. The prayer that she prayed that day was a desperate one, but her desperation was infiltrated by destiny. Hannah did not just say that she wanted a baby, no, Hannah attached a promise to her request. Hannah told the Lord that if He gave her a son, she would give that baby boy back to Him. She did not back pedal in this prayer, but she was set free. At that moment in her life, whether she knew it or not, Hannah was right where God wanted her in both the natural and spiritual realm.
Hannah prayed that prayer during a time when there were corrupt people in the church. Eli was allowing his sons to disrespect God and He was using Hannah to birth a solution. Your baby is a solution to the problems that God wants to deal with, but you need to get aligned with His will and the purpose that He has for your life.
Eli thought that Hannah was drunk when she prayed to God. He didn’t understand her desperation. He was out of alignment. There are some people who will see you chase after God and they will think that something is wrong with you because they don’t know or see God the way that they should.
Hannah broke out of insecurity and shame by being desperate. She got tired of being cute and had to go in, in order to get her promise.  Some many people have promises attached to them, but they don’t want to go deeper in Christ in order to receive them.
Hannah had to stop looking at her haters and look at her creator and she had to not be offended by Eli. Stop letting folks offend you. Eli had to bless Hannah because his assumptions concerning her were not true. Hannah could not allow any offense to penetrate her heart because she got pregnant the moment that she was done praying. She had to have a clean heart in order to hand her baby over to a man who was not aligned with God. Eli might have been a sweet man, but His first love shifted from God to his sons.
Don’t allow what people have going on in their personal lives affect how you perceive God. Some people will say crazy things to you because of what is going on in their personal lives.
God wants to use you. He wants to move through you. He wants to use you to birth babies, but first you have to be aligned in order to receive. Jobs wont align you, a husband wont align you, but being desperate will. How bad do you want God?
Hannah’s husband made a comment to her on one instance. He said “Have I not been better to you than 10 sons?” Hannah had to hit him with a no, because destiny was knocking at her door. Her alignment was not about family, but it was about being connected to her God. There are some places that a man will never be able to fill. Stop looking for a mate and connect with your maker.
Stop looking for everything that you need outside of the will of the Father. That same question that Hannah’s husband asked her can also be flipped. Has God not been better to you than 10 sons? Has He not taken good care of you and given you all that you needed? Why then, do you continue to look for gratification outside of Him? Jesus is Lord over everything. It does not and will not get any better than Him no matter what way you try to run or who you try to run to.
Get ready to birth this baby! Some of you are already carrying. Stay focused and your baby will be health and flourishing. The pregnancy many seem long and hard, but you have a big baby in your belly!

Lord I thank you for the birthing pains because I know that that pain is only an indication that a baby is about to be born. I thank you for holding my hand throughout this pregnancy and I thank you for encouraging me even when I thought about going against you. I thank you for being a faithful and loving Father to me even when I didn’t understand that there was purpose in my pain. I thank you for every season of growth attached to my pregnancy and I thank you for the fieldtrips that you have allowed me to go on. I thank you that those field trips can be equated to feeling a baby kick, seeing a baby’s foot print in my belly, and to remembering that there is life on the inside of me. I thank you for the purpose that you have allowed me to carry and I thank you for the great things that you have ordained over my life. In Jesus name, Amen.
Lord, I also thank you for your people and for the babies that you have waiting to be birthed out of their bellies. I thank you for their gifts and for their talents. I pray that you cover them with grace and that mercy follows them right into the birthing room! In Jesus, name Amen
Jesus loves you so much! Don’t ever forget that no matter what season you are in <3 Carry that baby proudly no matter what anybody has to say about how long it’s taking you to get where you are called to be in your life.
Recommended Reading: 1 Samuel -2

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

You are Seen

“Thereafter, Hagar used another name to refer to the LORD, who had spoken to her. She said, ‘You are the God who sees me.’ ” (Genesis 16:13) Hagar was unexpected. She was an Egyptian maid who turned into a baby mama, given to a man so that his wife could bear a son before her time of blessing had come. and she was a track star. My girl was a track star too. She got out of the house of Abram so fast when she became mistreated. Hagar never asked to be placed in the position to become a wife while still being called a maid. Her yes impacted her greatly and a ‘beef’ was the result.  Hagar knew the house rules, “We serve the big G and not the little g’s over here.” She saw Abram praying and observed him meeting with God, but then it happened. Sari commissioned her, and she was given to a man. Hager was never really asked, she was never really considered a wife and was more lik...

You are Not Lost in the Crowd. God Sees You!

Someone asked the question Why do we sing? When we lift our hands to Jesus What do we really mean ~Kirk Franklin “Why we sing?” It’s very very easy to get lost in the realm of religion or to get caught up in the hype of “church”. God has blessed so many of his people with gifts and talents that range from writing and composing, to worshiping, preaching and dancing. At my church, it seems like every one has some sort of gift and I must admit that I feel lost in the shuffle, but that brings me to point of asking myself questions such as ,“who am I going to church for?” and “whose attention am I aiming for?” Everyone wants to be noticed. We want to be praised and we want to be the favorite child, but at what cost? What are we paying to be number one in the congregation’s eyes? and do we even care if God is pleased with us right where we are? I’m the queen of being offended and I often compare myself, my progression in Christ, and my life to others. This should not be so and...

Beauty for Ashes: Release the Urn

  “ The Spirit of the Sovereign  Lord  is on me,    because the  Lord  has anointed me  to proclaim good news to the poor.   He has sent me to bind up the brokenhearted,  to proclaim freedom for the captives   and release from darkness for the prisoners,   to proclaim the year of the  Lord ’s favor ,  and the day of vengeance of our God,  to comfort all who mourn,   and provide for those who grieve in Zion ,  to bestow on them a crown of beauty     instead of ashes,   the oil of joy   instead of mourning,   and a garment of praise   instead of a spirit of despair .  They will be called oaks of righteousness,  a planting of the  Lord   for the display of his splendor. ” - Isaiah 61:1-3 NIV   A vessel of God told me to write the real story. The one that was uncut, raw, and honest. I was to write the TR...

Be Still and Know

“Be still, and know that I am God”- Psalm 46:10a KJV Today as I was driving to work, anxious, knowing that I needed Jesus, I saw “In God I trust”, and “ Be still and know” on two separate cars, one after the other. I needed both things, and that is what I am clinging to. The past can make you feel as if you are in a track meet running from it. It seems faster and more advance within the race, but God says, “Be still and know that I am God.” Being still in a world full of thoughts is its own task, but the command of God is bigger than that. “Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words.”                      -John 14:23a Above anything, God’s word is the answer. It is what halts the past and brings stillness instead of constant worrying. I considered Moses today. This man, who literally ran from his past, was asked to lead others to a future that God...

Who Are You Married To?

“Jesus said to her,  “Go, call your husband, and come here.”   The woman answered and said, “I have no husband.”   Jesus said to her,  “You have well said, ‘I have no husband,’   for you have had five husbands, and the one whom you now have is not your husband; in that you spoke truly”                         (John 4:17-18 NKJV). Over the last few days, I’ve missed someone. You may wonder why I would even start things off in this way, but this type of stuff has to be confronted because it’s how people get caught up and entangled in what God loosed them from already.  As I was thinking what I was thinking, each time I heard, “What part of toxic do you miss?” I can’t argue with the question. The situation was beyond toxic, but with this being so, what causes me to miss something that left me so shattered? The answer: the familiarity.   Being familiar with a thing will cause you to run ...

Waiting for the Promise vs. Moving in Impatience

“Then Abraham fell on his face and laughed, and said in his heart, “Shall a child be born to a man who is one hundred years old? And shall Sarah, who is ninety years old, bear a child? ” And Abraham said to God, “Oh, that Ishmael might live before You!” Then God said: “No, Sarah your wife shall bear you a son, and you shall call his name Isaac; I will establish My covenant with him for an everlasting covenant, and with his descendants after him”   ( Genesis 17: 17-19 NKJV). Isaac was desired, but Ismael was birthed out of impatience. If God told you that you were going to birth something beautiful, no matter what your season may look like, bank on the Lord’s promises. Your Ishmael does not have to be a man, your Ishmael can be an opportunity. Don’t walk into just any ole thing because you got tired of waiting on God. If God promised you something in 2016 and you didn’t see it in 2017, that does not mean that He forgot about what He promised you. Isaac had a set season and ...

The Process of Faithing It: Trusting Jesus with Your Faith

  “Daughter, your faith has made you well. Go in peace, and be healed of your affliction” (Mark 5:34 NKJV). Can you imagine Jesus in a crowd? Everyone has a need, but His target in that moment is to go and build the faith of a little girl’s family at the request of her father because they think that she will die. The father is scared, but Jesus was on the way until He felt something. This feeling was different, but powerful. Jesus turns around looking, asking questions, but finds his answer in the form of a woman, standing and looking amazed at what just happened to her. After 13 years of anemia, tiredness, dizzy spells, soiled clothing, and impacted relationships, she is healed.  This woman with an issue of blood had spent all of her money, but decided to trust Jesus with her faith, which was all that she had left. Jesus was not too busy to stop and ask, “Who touched me?”. The disciples reminded Jesus of all the people that were around them, but this touch was different. Some...

Will You Marry Me?

I’m not obsessed, but I’ve been thinking about marriage a lot more lately. As a Christian, I’ve learned where I went wrong concerning my standards of dating before I knew Jesus. I have been looking at the profile pages of exes to see if, perhaps, I was missing something. I’m happy to report that I am not. I more so found myself thanking God for what He didn’t allow. Even though I’m thankful for every failed relationship, I find myself encountering the hurt that still remains as a result of my insecurities. There is so much that I have not let go of. In a way,I’m afraid to let go of the hurt that I am carrying because that vacant spot could potentially attract more pain in its place. I want to trust people, but the fear of them knowing who I intimately am always gets in my way.                 I so badly desire God and everything that He has for me, but the past is a hinderance. I feel as if I should finally forgive those that misused me, ...

Refreshment for the Journey

You cannot tell everybody your dreams because your dreams might be bigger than their expectation of you. You will do things for God that  man did not see coming. Learn to lean on the opinions of Jesus instead of allowing yourself to become esteemed by the opinions of man. Those folks do not know you or the potential that God has placed on the inside of you. Some of you even have family members that don’t know the real you. Think of yourself as a plan that God has up His sleeve. You are unexpected, but powerful through His grace. Nobody saw Joseph coming. His own brothers did not even know who he was to God. People don’t always treat you like the One who created you. That is why you have to learn to see yourself the way that God sees you and have no bitterness in your heart toward man. Forgive those people who talk about you and use you. Joseph had to forgive his brothers because God was going to use him to protect them. People have no idea that you may be the one that God is...

The Importance of Knowing How to Pray

No matter what mental state you are in, where you are in life, or who you have around you, prayer will always be the heartbeat of your survival. You need to know how to pray during both the mountain top experiences and the valley experiences. If no one ever taught me anything, I learned how to express myself to God through prayer. Prayer isn’t always about asking God for things, but you can actually sit with Him and tell Him how you feel. There have been moments in my life where I felt like the Lord was the only one that I could talk to about what was going on in my life. You have to get into a place where you begin to communicate with God as you would with anyone else. There are times when I speak out loud to God because I know that He is around me. God’s presence is peace, it changes the atmosphere, and it will shift your entire mood. Once you’ve talked to the Father, you know that everything will be ok just because He is around you. I pray that for anyone that needs it. I p...