Skip to main content

The Vision is for an Appointed Time


But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him” (1 Corinthians 2:9).
People make the mistake of being more focused on the opinion of man more so than on the opinion that God has concerning them because men cannot always see what God thinks of His chosen vessels. Everyone is not ready for your prophecy. What God says concerning you is true no matter what anybody else has to say or what they think of you. Joseph had such an awesome dream that he couldn’t tell everyone because they were not ready for it. His brothers hated him because of the favor that was on his life from both God and his earthly father. They hated him for his dreams and desired to stop the call that was placed on his life. They had no idea that their hatred was a part of the plan and that it would actually build character on the inside of Joseph instead of hatred.
Joseph had a choice to make concerning both his brothers and the situation that he was placed in in Egypt. He could either trust God to be God or he could live in a state of bitterness and hatred. When you have a call on your life, expect opposition to come. You have to know how to spot the devil on sight and you have to know when to fight, pray, listen to God or be still. Don’t allow the bitterness of circumstances to affect the vision that God has given you for your life. Make the decision to grow instead of treating others in the same offensive manner that they may have treated you in.  Anybody can show love to someone, but it takes the heart of Christ to love someone who has hatred in their heart toward you.
“If you love only those who love you, why should you get credit for that? Even sinners love those who love them! And if you do good only to those who do good to you, why should you get credit? Even sinners do that much! And if you lend money only to those who can repay you, why should you get credit? Even sinners will lend to other sinners for a full return. “Love your enemies! Do good to them. Lend to them without expecting to be repaid. Then your reward from heaven will be very great, and you will truly be acting as children of the Most High, for he is kind to those who are unthankful and wicked. You must be compassionate, just as your Father is compassionate” (Luke 6: 32-36 NLT).

At this point you may be wondering what love has to do with vision, but people such as David and Jesus had to have love in their hearts in connection to their visions. David had to respect the anointing that was on Saul’s life. He once played the harp for the same man that eventually wanted to kill him because he was chosen (1 Samuel 16:23).  David had the opportunity to kill Saul, but choose not to. This same David was anointed by God to be king even though Saul held the thrown at the time. The promise of God was sure and true although David had to wait for it to come to pass.  There are times that we feel as if we are ready for the vision to come to pass although it is not time yet. Jesus Himself had to tell people that his time had not yet come although they knew He was the Messiah.
“For the vision is yet for an appointed time, but at the end it shall speak, and not lie: though it tarry, wait for it; because it will surely come, it will not tarry” (Habakkuk 2:3 KJV).
Wait child of God and be patient concerning the things that God has spoken over your life. Everything is not for everybody to know about you because they will hate you for your vision. Trust God for the plans that he has for your life and trust that the provision has already been made concerning you. Allow the process to make you stronger and to build character on the inside of you. During Joseph’s time in Egypt, the people that were over him had no idea who he was or who he would become. His process taught him leadership while listening to the voice of God. No matter how hard the process was or who talked about him, he still obtained favor because God was leading him. Allow God to lead you instead of the opinions of man. What they have to say about you holds no weight when their words are compared to the things that God has to say about you.
“How precious also are Your thoughts to me, O God! How great is the sum of them!  If I should count them, they would be more in number than the sand; When I awake, I am still with You” (Psalm 139: 17- 18 NKJV).
Be prepared in and out of season for the things that God has called you to. Your season of waiting is meant to prepare you. Look at your process in the same manner as you would look at the preparation of a great dish. When you get ready to cook something, you must first wash the food; you then preheat the stove. Next you season your food. After that, it’s either time to marinate it or send it through the cooking process.  Like that food, you have to go through a cleansing in order to get the impurities off. You also have to go through seasons and a marination process in order to make sure that you are actually learning from your experiences. Some of the experiences that you go through are heated until you are ready to be released into the world to do what God has called you to do. Seasonings make things taste good before they are ready to be served. Nobody serves you a dish without first sending it through a series of seasonings. If you are found to be bland, you go through more seasons until you are just right.
Prayer: Lord I don’t always understand the process, but I pray to trust you more than what my eyes can see. I pray to walk by faith and not by sight and I pray to not grow weary in well doing. I pray that you help me to love the unlovable. I pray to have your heart and I pray to grow closer to you. I pray that you forgive me for anytime that I considered the words of man to hold more weight than what you have to say about me and I pray that you forgive for any unkind words that I have spoken about anyone else. I am who you say I am and I pray to be both comfortable and confident as I walk in those facts. In Jesus name I pray, Amen.
Recommended Reading:
Genesis 37,39-46

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

You are Seen

“Thereafter, Hagar used another name to refer to the LORD, who had spoken to her. She said, ‘You are the God who sees me.’ ” (Genesis 16:13) Hagar was unexpected. She was an Egyptian maid who turned into a baby mama, given to a man so that his wife could bear a son before her time of blessing had come. and she was a track star. My girl was a track star too. She got out of the house of Abram so fast when she became mistreated. Hagar never asked to be placed in the position to become a wife while still being called a maid. Her yes impacted her greatly and a ‘beef’ was the result.  Hagar knew the house rules, “We serve the big G and not the little g’s over here.” She saw Abram praying and observed him meeting with God, but then it happened. Sari commissioned her, and she was given to a man. Hager was never really asked, she was never really considered a wife and was more lik...

You are Not Lost in the Crowd. God Sees You!

Someone asked the question Why do we sing? When we lift our hands to Jesus What do we really mean ~Kirk Franklin “Why we sing?” It’s very very easy to get lost in the realm of religion or to get caught up in the hype of “church”. God has blessed so many of his people with gifts and talents that range from writing and composing, to worshiping, preaching and dancing. At my church, it seems like every one has some sort of gift and I must admit that I feel lost in the shuffle, but that brings me to point of asking myself questions such as ,“who am I going to church for?” and “whose attention am I aiming for?” Everyone wants to be noticed. We want to be praised and we want to be the favorite child, but at what cost? What are we paying to be number one in the congregation’s eyes? and do we even care if God is pleased with us right where we are? I’m the queen of being offended and I often compare myself, my progression in Christ, and my life to others. This should not be so and...

Be Still and Know

“Be still, and know that I am God”- Psalm 46:10a KJV Today as I was driving to work, anxious, knowing that I needed Jesus, I saw “In God I trust”, and “ Be still and know” on two separate cars, one after the other. I needed both things, and that is what I am clinging to. The past can make you feel as if you are in a track meet running from it. It seems faster and more advance within the race, but God says, “Be still and know that I am God.” Being still in a world full of thoughts is its own task, but the command of God is bigger than that. “Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words.”                      -John 14:23a Above anything, God’s word is the answer. It is what halts the past and brings stillness instead of constant worrying. I considered Moses today. This man, who literally ran from his past, was asked to lead others to a future that God...

The Process of Faithing It: Trusting Jesus with Your Faith

  “Daughter, your faith has made you well. Go in peace, and be healed of your affliction” (Mark 5:34 NKJV). Can you imagine Jesus in a crowd? Everyone has a need, but His target in that moment is to go and build the faith of a little girl’s family at the request of her father because they think that she will die. The father is scared, but Jesus was on the way until He felt something. This feeling was different, but powerful. Jesus turns around looking, asking questions, but finds his answer in the form of a woman, standing and looking amazed at what just happened to her. After 13 years of anemia, tiredness, dizzy spells, soiled clothing, and impacted relationships, she is healed.  This woman with an issue of blood had spent all of her money, but decided to trust Jesus with her faith, which was all that she had left. Jesus was not too busy to stop and ask, “Who touched me?”. The disciples reminded Jesus of all the people that were around them, but this touch was different. Some...

Gut Check of the Heart

“But [like a boxer] I strictly discipline my body and make it my slave, so that, after I have preached [the gospel] to others, I myself will not somehow be disqualified [as unfit for service]” (1 Corinthians 9:27 AMP). If you need to be told that you did a good job, “You did a good job. You gave, and you submitted to man. You showed up and did what they asked. Good job.” “But I have this [charge] against you, that you have left your first love [you have lost the depth of love that you first had for Me]” (Revelation 2:4 AMP). Gut Check:  Don’t love the applause of men more than you love God.  Why do you show up?  What do you gain from that, and what happens when the way that they applaud  you does not meet your need of this kind of fulfillment?   Beat your body into submission to God. Serve Him well. Become an early riser and seek the Father to release the strategy for the day to you. Sit in His presence and bask in His love. Thank Him for what He has a...

Who Are You Married To?

“Jesus said to her,  “Go, call your husband, and come here.”   The woman answered and said, “I have no husband.”   Jesus said to her,  “You have well said, ‘I have no husband,’   for you have had five husbands, and the one whom you now have is not your husband; in that you spoke truly”                         (John 4:17-18 NKJV). Over the last few days, I’ve missed someone. You may wonder why I would even start things off in this way, but this type of stuff has to be confronted because it’s how people get caught up and entangled in what God loosed them from already.  As I was thinking what I was thinking, each time I heard, “What part of toxic do you miss?” I can’t argue with the question. The situation was beyond toxic, but with this being so, what causes me to miss something that left me so shattered? The answer: the familiarity.   Being familiar with a thing will cause you to run ...

Beauty for Ashes: Release the Urn

  “ The Spirit of the Sovereign  Lord  is on me,    because the  Lord  has anointed me  to proclaim good news to the poor.   He has sent me to bind up the brokenhearted,  to proclaim freedom for the captives   and release from darkness for the prisoners,   to proclaim the year of the  Lord ’s favor ,  and the day of vengeance of our God,  to comfort all who mourn,   and provide for those who grieve in Zion ,  to bestow on them a crown of beauty     instead of ashes,   the oil of joy   instead of mourning,   and a garment of praise   instead of a spirit of despair .  They will be called oaks of righteousness,  a planting of the  Lord   for the display of his splendor. ” - Isaiah 61:1-3 NIV   A vessel of God told me to write the real story. The one that was uncut, raw, and honest. I was to write the TR...

Keep Your Lamp Filled

  “Then the kingdom of heaven shall be likened to ten virgins who took their lamps and went out to meet the bridegroom. Now five of them were wise, and five were foolish. Those who were foolish took their lamps and took no oil with them, but the wise took oil in their vessels with their lamps. But while the bridegroom was delayed, they all slumbered and slept” (Matthew 25:1–5). Everyone had the same mindset to go to the same place for the same reason. Everyone was on their way, but partial action was taken by five of the virgins. The bridegroom had the capacity to care for all ten. Everyone had a lamp, but everyone did not have oil to see Who they were waiting for. The oil was available, but five virgins did not take the initiative to get more oil. What they had was not enough for the journey they were on. Five of the virgins were wise; they did what was needed to obtain more oil. The other five virgins were foolish, thinking that what they had was enough and that getting...

I have Chosen You: Distractions and Distress are not Your Portion

“You did not choose me, but I choose you and appointed you that you should go and bear fruit and that your fruit should abide, so that whatever you ask the Father in my name, He may give it to you.”                                                        (John 15:16 ESV).    At the church that I attend, the stage/ alter has   steps that one can  ascend  on to reach the top. As I looked at the steps, I envisioned what God is doing in this season. I saw a representative on the floor before the steps began ,  and I saw them moving up one step at a time. We are in a season of elevation and with elevation comes great responsibility.  As I consider the prayers that I have prayed and the questions that I have asked  God , I see the answers all around me, but inwardly I have rejected the responsibility that comes ...

It Is Well: Faith Through Trigeminal Neuralgia

 “ Three different times I begged the Lord to take it away.  Each time he said,  ‘ My grace is all you need .  My power works best in weakness ’ .  ‘ So now I am glad to boast about my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ can work through me. That’s why I take pleasure in my weaknesses, and in the insults, hardships, persecutions, and troubles that I suffer for Christ. For when I am weak, then I am strong ’ ” (2 Corinthians 12:8-10). I can’t tell you how many times I spoke through tears. The tears where not because of emotions, but because of  the  searing  shocks caused by   Trigeminal Neuralgia.   Trigeminal Neuralgia  is a condition that causes intense pain, usually affecting one side of the face. It is a rare disorder that affects less than 1 percent of the population. I happen to be in that 1 percent.  The pain from this disorder feels like shocks that are auditioning for a  lightning  storm show. Th...