Skip to main content

Nothing will be wasted and Nothing is in Vain

 
 

"And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose" (Romans 8:28).  
 
Consider the word of the Lord to be precious. When God speaks, it is with the intention to destroy yokes not spew meaningless words into the atmosphere. Within the words of God there is power to overthrow the enemy's hold on your life. You may wonder what all this means to you. Well, I'll tell you. You have to receive that the words and power of God can be activated and effective in your life. People can pray for you until they are blue in face, but where is your faith? Do you believe that God can do what he says he is going to do even if you don't see the manifestation of a thing immediately. 
 
"Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding" (Proverbs 3:5 NIV). 
 
The first thing that you have to understand is that God is not like man that he should lie (Numbers 23:19). God is going to do what he has promised, but he is also going to produce some changes in you along the way. Even Israel had to change some things about themselves. You cannot allow the old way of thinking to get in the way of the new thing that God wants to do in your life. You have to learn how to take your hands off of the process and just move. This move requires you to trust God even when you don't understand. This move also requires you to consult God before making any decisions. What you must understand is that as you move into the land flowing with milk and honey, there are rules. You can't take the promises of God and then attempt to move on your own.  
 
"I am the vine; you are the branches. If you remain in me and I in you, you will bear much fruit; apart from me you can do nothing" (John 15:5 NIV). 
 
 In Joshua 6 God told the Israelites to march around the wall of Jericho. The marching had some instructions and all the instructions were not the same. This marching also went on for a week. There is purpose in the craziness. You may look insane to folks on your walk with the Lord, but I guarantee as you listen to the father, some things in your life will begin to break off and you will have victory in your life. Now imagine that the Israelites began to see changes and decided to not follow the Lord as they marched around the wall. They would be where God led them to, but because they subtracted God from the equation they would probably look like fools because their actions would not have any power behind it. 
 
As a Christian there is power behind your purpose. You are not your own and you have to gain an understanding of why you do what you do. Whatever your gift is, do you do if for the glory of God or do you do it to keep up your appearance as a  saved person. Learn how to be honest with self and not attempt to hide your heart from God. Do you ever try to tell God your revised version of a story instead of stating it how it really happened with your bad intentions and all included? I have and I still do sometimes. God wants us to have an honest heart before him. With that honest heart we will be able to produce a honest praise because within our honesty he is changing us for the better so that we will be able to serve him with purity. 
 
Know that your relationship with God is precious, stop comparing your progression with everyone else. There are times and seasons for all things under heaven (Ecclesiastes 3:1). We cannot rush God and we should not desire to. This is a hard pill to swallow when you see everyone getting married, graduating from college, or doing whatever else you desire to do, but you have to know that all things are in His perfect timing.  
 
Rejoice in all things and praise God even when it hurts. Nothing will be wasted and nothing is in vain. 
 
Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice! (Philippians 4:4) 
 
God, thank you for hearing me. Thank you for knowing me. Thank you for the fact that I am not forgotten. Nothing will be wasted in my life. My life will give you glory and I will praise you along the way. Lord help me to recall the promises that you have declared over my life  and to walk in them. Lord help me to listen to your voice and cast down those thoughts that say that I am behind or forgotten. Lord I publically lift up your name and I thank you for all that you have done. You are a great God. I love you father. God, I pray that your people see you today in whatever trial that they may be facing and I pray for an increase in their faith. I pray that they know that all things are working for their good. I give you glory father, in Jesus name I pray, Amen.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

You are Seen

“Thereafter, Hagar used another name to refer to the LORD, who had spoken to her. She said, ‘You are the God who sees me.’ ” (Genesis 16:13) Hagar was unexpected. She was an Egyptian maid who turned into a baby mama, given to a man so that his wife could bear a son before her time of blessing had come. and she was a track star. My girl was a track star too. She got out of the house of Abram so fast when she became mistreated. Hagar never asked to be placed in the position to become a wife while still being called a maid. Her yes impacted her greatly and a ‘beef’ was the result.  Hagar knew the house rules, “We serve the big G and not the little g’s over here.” She saw Abram praying and observed him meeting with God, but then it happened. Sari commissioned her, and she was given to a man. Hager was never really asked, she was never really considered a wife and was more lik...

Beauty for Ashes: Release the Urn

  “ The Spirit of the Sovereign  Lord  is on me,    because the  Lord  has anointed me  to proclaim good news to the poor.   He has sent me to bind up the brokenhearted,  to proclaim freedom for the captives   and release from darkness for the prisoners,   to proclaim the year of the  Lord ’s favor ,  and the day of vengeance of our God,  to comfort all who mourn,   and provide for those who grieve in Zion ,  to bestow on them a crown of beauty     instead of ashes,   the oil of joy   instead of mourning,   and a garment of praise   instead of a spirit of despair .  They will be called oaks of righteousness,  a planting of the  Lord   for the display of his splendor. ” - Isaiah 61:1-3 NIV   A vessel of God told me to write the real story. The one that was uncut, raw, and honest. I was to write the TR...

You are Not Lost in the Crowd. God Sees You!

Someone asked the question Why do we sing? When we lift our hands to Jesus What do we really mean ~Kirk Franklin “Why we sing?” It’s very very easy to get lost in the realm of religion or to get caught up in the hype of “church”. God has blessed so many of his people with gifts and talents that range from writing and composing, to worshiping, preaching and dancing. At my church, it seems like every one has some sort of gift and I must admit that I feel lost in the shuffle, but that brings me to point of asking myself questions such as ,“who am I going to church for?” and “whose attention am I aiming for?” Everyone wants to be noticed. We want to be praised and we want to be the favorite child, but at what cost? What are we paying to be number one in the congregation’s eyes? and do we even care if God is pleased with us right where we are? I’m the queen of being offended and I often compare myself, my progression in Christ, and my life to others. This should not be so and...

Be Still and Know

“Be still, and know that I am God”- Psalm 46:10a KJV Today as I was driving to work, anxious, knowing that I needed Jesus, I saw “In God I trust”, and “ Be still and know” on two separate cars, one after the other. I needed both things, and that is what I am clinging to. The past can make you feel as if you are in a track meet running from it. It seems faster and more advance within the race, but God says, “Be still and know that I am God.” Being still in a world full of thoughts is its own task, but the command of God is bigger than that. “Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words.”                      -John 14:23a Above anything, God’s word is the answer. It is what halts the past and brings stillness instead of constant worrying. I considered Moses today. This man, who literally ran from his past, was asked to lead others to a future that God...

Who Are You Married To?

“Jesus said to her,  “Go, call your husband, and come here.”   The woman answered and said, “I have no husband.”   Jesus said to her,  “You have well said, ‘I have no husband,’   for you have had five husbands, and the one whom you now have is not your husband; in that you spoke truly”                         (John 4:17-18 NKJV). Over the last few days, I’ve missed someone. You may wonder why I would even start things off in this way, but this type of stuff has to be confronted because it’s how people get caught up and entangled in what God loosed them from already.  As I was thinking what I was thinking, each time I heard, “What part of toxic do you miss?” I can’t argue with the question. The situation was beyond toxic, but with this being so, what causes me to miss something that left me so shattered? The answer: the familiarity.   Being familiar with a thing will cause you to run ...

Refreshment for the Journey

You cannot tell everybody your dreams because your dreams might be bigger than their expectation of you. You will do things for God that  man did not see coming. Learn to lean on the opinions of Jesus instead of allowing yourself to become esteemed by the opinions of man. Those folks do not know you or the potential that God has placed on the inside of you. Some of you even have family members that don’t know the real you. Think of yourself as a plan that God has up His sleeve. You are unexpected, but powerful through His grace. Nobody saw Joseph coming. His own brothers did not even know who he was to God. People don’t always treat you like the One who created you. That is why you have to learn to see yourself the way that God sees you and have no bitterness in your heart toward man. Forgive those people who talk about you and use you. Joseph had to forgive his brothers because God was going to use him to protect them. People have no idea that you may be the one that God is...

Waiting for the Promise vs. Moving in Impatience

“Then Abraham fell on his face and laughed, and said in his heart, “Shall a child be born to a man who is one hundred years old? And shall Sarah, who is ninety years old, bear a child? ” And Abraham said to God, “Oh, that Ishmael might live before You!” Then God said: “No, Sarah your wife shall bear you a son, and you shall call his name Isaac; I will establish My covenant with him for an everlasting covenant, and with his descendants after him”   ( Genesis 17: 17-19 NKJV). Isaac was desired, but Ismael was birthed out of impatience. If God told you that you were going to birth something beautiful, no matter what your season may look like, bank on the Lord’s promises. Your Ishmael does not have to be a man, your Ishmael can be an opportunity. Don’t walk into just any ole thing because you got tired of waiting on God. If God promised you something in 2016 and you didn’t see it in 2017, that does not mean that He forgot about what He promised you. Isaac had a set season and ...

The Process of Faithing It: Trusting Jesus with Your Faith

  “Daughter, your faith has made you well. Go in peace, and be healed of your affliction” (Mark 5:34 NKJV). Can you imagine Jesus in a crowd? Everyone has a need, but His target in that moment is to go and build the faith of a little girl’s family at the request of her father because they think that she will die. The father is scared, but Jesus was on the way until He felt something. This feeling was different, but powerful. Jesus turns around looking, asking questions, but finds his answer in the form of a woman, standing and looking amazed at what just happened to her. After 13 years of anemia, tiredness, dizzy spells, soiled clothing, and impacted relationships, she is healed.  This woman with an issue of blood had spent all of her money, but decided to trust Jesus with her faith, which was all that she had left. Jesus was not too busy to stop and ask, “Who touched me?”. The disciples reminded Jesus of all the people that were around them, but this touch was different. Some...

Will You Marry Me?

I’m not obsessed, but I’ve been thinking about marriage a lot more lately. As a Christian, I’ve learned where I went wrong concerning my standards of dating before I knew Jesus. I have been looking at the profile pages of exes to see if, perhaps, I was missing something. I’m happy to report that I am not. I more so found myself thanking God for what He didn’t allow. Even though I’m thankful for every failed relationship, I find myself encountering the hurt that still remains as a result of my insecurities. There is so much that I have not let go of. In a way,I’m afraid to let go of the hurt that I am carrying because that vacant spot could potentially attract more pain in its place. I want to trust people, but the fear of them knowing who I intimately am always gets in my way.                 I so badly desire God and everything that He has for me, but the past is a hinderance. I feel as if I should finally forgive those that misused me, ...

I have Chosen You: Distractions and Distress are not Your Portion

“You did not choose me, but I choose you and appointed you that you should go and bear fruit and that your fruit should abide, so that whatever you ask the Father in my name, He may give it to you.”                                                        (John 15:16 ESV).    At the church that I attend, the stage/ alter has   steps that one can  ascend  on to reach the top. As I looked at the steps, I envisioned what God is doing in this season. I saw a representative on the floor before the steps began ,  and I saw them moving up one step at a time. We are in a season of elevation and with elevation comes great responsibility.  As I consider the prayers that I have prayed and the questions that I have asked  God , I see the answers all around me, but inwardly I have rejected the responsibility that comes ...